Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
parrishfam  
#1 Posted : Wednesday, December 29, 2010 7:24:52 AM(UTC)
parrishfam

Groups: Registered

Ongoing problem that has gotten worse lately. regardless of cycle selected, washer will not complete cycle. Typically will only get through the initial "fill and wash tumble". Then, when it appears to drain (I can hear the motor running and feel and hear water exit the drain pipe) it abruptly stops, unlocks the door, and the Start button flashes.

I have checked the drain filter - it is clear. I have also checked the rear drain pipe (back of machine) it is clear. Really need help with this as I am out of ideas. I have not run a test on the pump as I am unclear as to how to do that specifically.

Oh, I also did the "reset" of the control board (someone suggested that on another site)...
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

applianceman  
#2 Posted : Wednesday, December 29, 2010 8:34:27 AM(UTC)
applianceman

Put the washer on the cold/cold setting and watch to see how fast the cold water is entering the tub. If the cold water is coming in too slowly the washer will shut down and pump out. If the cold water is coming in slowly try cleaning out the strainers in the water hoses and if that doesn’t work replace the water valve.

Clothes Washer Repair Guide
parrishfam  
#3 Posted : Wednesday, December 29, 2010 8:54:08 AM(UTC)
parrishfam

Cold/cold setting? Ours does not have that option. This front load machine has 10 cycles to choose from and water temps as 'sanitize, hot, warm, cold, tap cold'. But the cold water enters the tub at a good rate when selected.
applianceman  
#4 Posted : Wednesday, December 29, 2010 5:36:54 PM(UTC)
applianceman

Tap cold is what I was talking about. This way you can see how much water flow the cold water has. What can happen is if it is set on hot or warm water will come in fine then when it gets to [FONT='Times New Roman']rinse cycle it tries to fill with cold water and it fails to fill. If this happens the washer will pause and the light will flash. [/FONT]
parrishfam  
#5 Posted : Wednesday, December 29, 2010 5:49:58 PM(UTC)
parrishfam

Ok. Thanks for the clarification!
Tried that and it works fine. However, I located the test codes and procedures - ran the "t08" and it only runs for about 8 minutes, doesn't fill hardly at all, then just stops. What does this mean exactly?
applianceman  
#6 Posted : Thursday, December 30, 2010 3:51:51 PM(UTC)
applianceman

Since you got it in the service mode run the T02 test to see if there are any error codes. If there are (and I believe there will be) tell us what they are and this will help.

When you exit the service mode be sure to exit it the same way you entered it because if you unplug the washer when it is in the service mode it can damage the control.

I was expecting it to have the fill time out error code but I wasn’t expecting it to be a problem with the hot water because this would cause it to stop before the wash cycle began.
parrishfam  
#7 Posted : Thursday, December 30, 2010 4:16:11 PM(UTC)
parrishfam

t02 test mode:
E22
E23
E60
applianceman  
#8 Posted : Thursday, December 30, 2010 8:21:59 PM(UTC)
applianceman

E22 and E23 are related to the water valve. What I would do at this point is make sure the strainers in the water hoses are clear and if so replace the water valve.

The other code is related to the door lock but since it is working at all you know the door lock is working. As long as the washer attempts to work and the door locks I would ignore this code. Especially if it is the last code on the list because this means it is the oldest flagged code.

[FONT='Times New Roman']Before you exit the service mode for the last time erase the codes so that if you ever have to access the codes you will know all the codes you see are new. If you leave the codes you will not know if the codes are from this problem or a new problem. Press and hold start to clear the codes. [/FONT]
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply