Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Carole Fern  
#1 Posted : Monday, December 27, 2010 12:46:49 PM(UTC)
Carole Fern

Groups: Registered

My Maytag stack washer dryer is model # LSE7800 ACW. When I last used the washer during the rinse fill cycle the agitator was moving the clothes while it filled. After filling and agitating for rinse it continued to the spin cycle but when that finished and it stopped spinning the timer continued to click and then started filling like it had progressed to the next possible wash combination. Does this sound like a timer problem?
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

Joe / APP Team  
#2 Posted : Tuesday, December 28, 2010 1:17:17 PM(UTC)
Joe / APP Team

Groups: Moderators

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
Originally Posted by: Carole Fern Go to Quoted Post
My Maytag stack washer dryer is model # LSE7800 ACW. When I last used the washer during the rinse fill cycle the agitator was moving the clothes while it filled. After filling and agitating for rinse it continued to the spin cycle but when that finished and it stopped spinning the timer continued to click and then started filling like it had progressed to the next possible wash combination. Does this sound like a timer problem?

Carole,

No, at this point is sounds more like a water level switch, and or pressure tube to the water level switch.

Part number: AP4009574
Part number: AP4009574

Part number: 22001616
Part number: 22001616

I used to replace both parts at the same time, when I had this complaint, on this style unit.

If that tube is blocked with debris, or if there is an intermittent short in the internal contacts of the switch, that will cause the same exact symptoms you're describing for that unit.

Were it me, thats where I'd start, the timer would be the last option and the least likeliest to check.

Good Luck,
:) :) :)
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply