Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Nicholas Duff  
#1 Posted : Monday, December 27, 2010 7:44:30 AM(UTC)
Nicholas Duff

Groups: Registered

My washer has recently started to shake very badly during it's spin cycles, and I have noticed that the top of the washer tub (plastic) looks like it has been coming into contact with the bottom side of the sheet metal top panel. the unit is getting to be roughly 4-5 years old, do the rubber straps need to be replaced? or even the two vertical spring rods i see on the parts diagrams? whith a unit this old while it's torn down, what else should be replaced if anything?
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

magician59  
#2 Posted : Monday, December 27, 2010 9:44:49 AM(UTC)
magician59

Groups: Senior Expert

Place a putty knife, or similar tool,into the space between the top of the nachine, and the front panel, even with the edges of the lid. Push in on the spring clips, while pulling out on the top corners of the front panel. This will release the top panel. Just swing it back away from the machine, and lift it off the hooks on the lower front to remove it.

This will expoose the front of the machine. Two screws attach the top clips. The top will then rock up and away from the console. You'll either see a lid switch connector at the console, or the lid switch will pop out of the top panel.

Then, you'll see the snubber straps and the four spring and rod assemblies.
If you replace the rod and spring assemblies, pay attention to the color of the plastic bells at the bottome: I believe they correspond with the spring tension needed for your particular tub and motor assemblies.
Nicholas Duff  
#3 Posted : Monday, December 27, 2010 12:51:56 PM(UTC)
Nicholas Duff

Groups: Registered

I notice in the parts break down that there is a yellow spring rod, and a black spring rod, do I order one of each or one yellow and one black?
magician59  
#4 Posted : Monday, December 27, 2010 1:21:18 PM(UTC)
magician59

Groups: Senior Expert

There are two of each. One color is in the rear of the machine, and the other two are what you can see from the front.
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply