Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
moruzzi  
#1 Posted : Tuesday, October 9, 2007 8:50:25 AM(UTC)
moruzzi

Groups: Registered

Have a problem I'm trying to solve or replace if necessary.

Maytag washer SAV505DAWQ burnt its belt while I was away on business - smoke filled room apparently. Got into macine and replaced belt but checked that motor would turn first (it did), and tried to turn the drum pulley - it was stuck initially, I moved the tub from above and then it woould spin freely.

Removed the motor to put new belt on and found that the fitting on the pump looked spun - plastic displaced and no longer flats to fit the motor drive shaft. Put it back togther since I didn't have a pump yet and ran a nini setting. Tub filled and then emptied and spun.

SWMBO ran a load of laundry and the tub never emptied. When I got home checked it out, water in tub (clothes removed) set control to spin to try to empty tub. Hear motor turning and then peeked into tub - drum not turning but water is flowing rapidly around the bottom of the tub and not draining:eek: .

So I know I need a pump which is about $40, is the transmission screwed as well? If so I may replace the washer since then we are talking about another ~200 for the transmission plus whatever other seals etc I would need to replace while servicing.

Final question is does Maytag have a 10 year parts warranty on transmission (as Amana) in which case it may be worth saving (I will check the manual at home.

Thanks for any help
Paul
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.