Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
pcsutton  
#1 Posted : Tuesday, December 21, 2010 5:15:38 PM(UTC)
pcsutton

Groups: Registered

Greetings,

I bought this machine new about 3 years ago, but work away from home and estimate it has no more than 100 loads through it.

It wont spin or agitate. I have been through all of the troubleshooting steps I could find, using my multimeter, including testing the fusible link, the lid switch, the sifter coil resistance, the field service mode error codes, and everything else I could think of. No joy.

I have been over the Inverter board with a magnifying glass, and a mirror, but failed to locate a green LED. It's either ludicrously well hidden or just isn't working. There is power to the inverter board. No joy.

So, I think I have narrowed it down to either a bad Timer Board, (but the field service tests threw no error codes), or a bad inverter board which I understand requires replacment of the entire motor assembly.

Can anyone think of anything I can do to pinpoint which of these critters has gone gunny-bag? I can see replacing one or the other, but for the cost of replacing both of them....I'll just buy a new, non-GE, machine.

Your help is appreciated!!

I just tested the plug at the inverter. With the maching set to spin, there is 12 volts between pins 4 & 5, but no voltage across pins 3 & 5. New Timer board?
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.