Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

2 Pages<12
New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
LikesToFixIt  
#11 Posted : Sunday, November 30, 2008 11:18:41 AM(UTC)
LikesToFixIt

Groups: Registered

Serial # CX1870647. The washer & dryer were not used for quite a few years as I am a renter and did not have hookups where I moved. The lady I bought them from said she had only used them for two years and then put them in storage for the same reason. I have been hauling them around with me from place to place because they are very nice machines. The washer works great for that leaky seal.Just curious how old they are, as they were only actually used for two years. That practically makes them quite new to me.
LikesToFixIt  
#12 Posted : Sunday, November 30, 2008 11:42:16 AM(UTC)
LikesToFixIt

I got the new seal in--used a little "plumber's grease" to help get everything down over the shaft. Put on the new drive block and cleaned everything. I checked all the hoses for wear, and cleaned out the middle of the inner tub with steel wool, because there was rust in the tube. Then I took apart the agitator to check the condition of the "dogs". The agitator worked fine but just wanted to see for myself. Getting it back together was "fun" until I realized you have to hold the two parts horizontally to do it.
After slipping the cabinet on, I THEN unscrewed the console to access the large clips that hold the cabinet to the back. It was easier to do it this way, because it kept the console with the cabinet while I was working, and not flopping all over the place.
Here's another trick: when taking that spanner nut off, I could only get it to move a tiny fraction. I sprayed more Wd40 and gave it a few minutes to work. Then I banged on the wrench in the opposite direction, (to tighten). Then I banged back the other way, and did it again. That worked fantasically. It moved right away.
Two weeks ago I had no idea what I was doing. I actually had tried to GIVE away the dryer but nobody wanted it! They want the "new" stuff, with all the digital features on them. Which are controlled by a computer module, which costs about $200 to replace.
When I went to return the spanner wrench to the guy that lent it to me, he had a set exactly like mine that he wanted almost $400 for.
It cost me less than $40 to fix my washer, and I learned something.
LikesToFixIt  
#13 Posted : Sunday, November 30, 2008 11:45:55 AM(UTC)
LikesToFixIt

Another hint: wait until you have the washer torn apart and have inspected everything. That way you won't have to place another order. You'll pay for shipping each time, so order everything all at once.
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply