Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
ella2574  
#1 Posted : Monday, December 6, 2010 11:23:42 AM(UTC)
ella2574

Groups: Registered

My washer started knocking when it was operating the other day. It is not operable now. The basket just bangs against the sides of the machine. I found the list of parts for my washer, but I'm not sure where to start. My father-in-law was thinking there were some clips to hold it in place. I've been doing some research and have seen springs mentioned. If you can provide any assistance, I would greatly appreciate it. Please let me know if you need more details.

Thank you!
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

Joe / APP Team  
#2 Posted : Monday, December 6, 2010 12:36:16 PM(UTC)
Joe / APP Team

Groups: Moderators

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
Originally Posted by: ella2574 Go to Quoted Post
My washer started knocking when it was operating the other day. It is not operable now. The basket just bangs against the sides of the machine. I found the list of parts for my washer, but I'm not sure where to start. My father-in-law was thinking there were some clips to hold it in place. I've been doing some research and have seen springs mentioned. If you can provide any assistance, I would greatly appreciate it. Please let me know if you need more details.

Thank you!

Ella,

Everything was fine , until the other day, correct ?

What were you washing when this occurred ?

You will need to remove the cabinet, and check the suspension springs, and slide plates to see if they are stuck or not sliding proper, due to an over rotation of the tub.

Here are basic instructions on how to remove the cabinet on your type of washing machine,

Using a Phillips screwdriver, remove the screw from each side of the console.
Note: Depend on the model of the washer screws could be: 1) in the front of the console; 2) in the back of the console or 3) behind the end caps

2. Pull the console forward and up to remove the tabs on the bottom of the end caps, out of the holes in the top.

3. Lift the console up and lay it on its back.

4. Unplug the harness connector for the lid switch.

5. Insert a flat screwdriver into the front edge of the clip (located on both sides), and pry back. Remove both clips from the holes in the cabinet and slide down the other end of the clips and out the slot in the rear panel.

6. Open and hold the lid while grabbing the cabinet front opening. Be sure when tilting the cabinet that the back edge clears the vacuum break.

7. Tilt the top of the cabinet toward you by pulling on the lid and opening of the cabinet. This releases the back slots of the cabinet from the tabs in the back of the base

8. Carefully pull the cabinet away from the base of the washer and set it aside.
Now you have access to most of the parts. 

Once you've got the cabinet off, you can use the parts diagram for the spring, slide plate and other suspension parts location and we'll be better able to discuss the possible parts needs.

:) :) :)
ella2574  
#3 Posted : Monday, December 13, 2010 8:31:42 AM(UTC)
ella2574

Groups: Registered

Thank you. I was not able to get the console part moved though. It unscrewed at the back, but my husband & I couldn't get it to budge. Do you know if I have to do something with the clips on the bottom of the side panels?

My husband said that the washer stops running at the spin cycle.

Thank you.
Joe / APP Team  
#4 Posted : Monday, December 13, 2010 1:42:41 PM(UTC)
Joe / APP Team

Groups: Moderators

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
Originally Posted by: ella2574 Go to Quoted Post
Thank you. I was not able to get the console part moved though. It unscrewed at the back, but my husband & I couldn't get it to budge. Do you know if I have to do something with the clips on the bottom of the side panels?

My husband said that the washer stops running at the spin cycle.

Thank you.

You've got a newer version of the machine,

Yes, you'll need a putty knife to slip between the bottom of the plastic end cap and top of the washer to release the spring clip, and raise the console assembly.

Then procede from there, the rest of the checks and removal process will be the same.

:) :) :)
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply