Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
cjcoles  
#1 Posted : Thursday, November 6, 2008 11:44:28 AM(UTC)
cjcoles

Groups: Registered

My washer will fill, agitate, rinse and drain but it won't spin!! I'm assuming the lid switch works because it wont agitate with the lid up but if you press the lid switch down it runs fine. When it comes to the spin cycle i used to be able to get it started by hand and it would spin at about half speed now its totally dead in the water. I checked the motor coupler, looks practically brand new. Everything sounds like its running as far as the motor and everything goes but if you lift the lid during the spin cycle the tub is not moving. One thing i know cant be good, there are black rubbery shavings on top of everything down there and it looks as if a thick yellow grease or oil has lightly coated everything. If it is my gearcase can i find the leak and fix it or do i have to get a new one?? Could it be a bad clutch?? Any help is greatly appreciated....
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

Drags1998  
#2 Posted : Thursday, November 6, 2008 1:43:15 PM(UTC)
Drags1998

Groups: Senior Expert

The gearcase has leaked a little lube out of the top seal, It has gotten into the clutch, I would pull it apart and replace the clutch after cleaning up the mess.:)
cjcoles  
#3 Posted : Friday, November 7, 2008 12:41:31 PM(UTC)
cjcoles

Groups: Registered

Thanks for the help, how do i fix the leak though?? I want to make sure when i put the new clutch on this won't happen again.
libertyappl  
#4 Posted : Friday, November 7, 2008 1:29:53 PM(UTC)
libertyappl

Your best bet is to replace the gearcase, they canbe rebuilt but I don't think they ever work correctly after that, part #AP3096209, clutch #AP3094537

Nat
Drags1998  
#5 Posted : Sunday, November 9, 2008 11:38:32 AM(UTC)
Drags1998

What we do is pull the top cover on the gearcase and dump the lube, Make sure that there is NO water in the lube. Reinstall the cover with RTV after filling it with new 85-90W gear oil. We fill them so that the oil level is 1/2" below the mating surface of the cover. Replace the clutch and put it all back together!!!
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply