Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Hicky  
#1 Posted : Wednesday, November 10, 2010 7:31:06 PM(UTC)
Hicky

Groups: Registered

During final spin cycle it wasnt spinning. So to observe what was going on I set load size to mini & I wedged something in the spin saftey switch so I could keep lid open to observe what was going on. It agitated and spun fine during 1st spin cycle same thing on the rinse cycle yet on the final spin cycle agitator was moving yet wasnt spinning so I then placed my hand applying pressure down on top of agitator and it started spinning perfectly removed hand immediately stopped spinning replaced hand and pressure started spinning fine again. So Is my problem with the agitator not being seated down as far as its suppose to be and locked into place with either a clip or screw of some sort. If so Where are the located or how do i get to them to see if a screews loose?
Thank you,
Richard
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

magician59  
#2 Posted : Thursday, November 11, 2010 6:29:56 AM(UTC)
magician59

Groups: Senior Expert

Have a friend help you with this check: Tilt the machine back enough to safely and comfortably get under it. Remove the belt (and check it for wear). While your friend is observing the basket from above, manually turn the large white pulley counter-clockwise. Is the basket spinning? If not, replace the thrust bearing kit. If it does, this means the brake is releasing, and your problem is likely in the transmission.
Part number: AP4009132
magician59  
#3 Posted : Thursday, November 11, 2010 6:39:40 AM(UTC)
magician59

Groups: Senior Expert

Afterthought: Since you said that pushing down on the agitator causes it to spin, you might just need to add this washer to your thrust bearing assembly.
Part number: AP4045648
Part number: AP4045648
. Here's a parts break down diagram to show where it goes.
Transmission replacement parts for ADMIRAL AAV7000AWW Washer - Top Loading | AppliancePartsPros.com
In assembly #17, it goes right above the c-clip, in addition to the washer shown.
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply