Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

3 Pages123>
New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Dobermann  
#1 Posted : Tuesday, November 4, 2008 8:43:38 PM(UTC)
Dobermann

Groups: Registered

Hello,

First, I believe p/n 37922 is the correct part number for the timer. I am wondering how difficult this is going to be to replace. Are there any pictorial guides out there to help?

Thanks!
Dobermann
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

kayakcrzy  
#2 Posted : Wednesday, November 5, 2008 3:46:36 AM(UTC)
kayakcrzy

Groups: Senior Expert

Easy as pie. The part # is correct. Tom ApplianceEducator.com
Dobermann  
#3 Posted : Wednesday, November 5, 2008 7:53:25 PM(UTC)
Dobermann

Originally Posted by: kayakcrzy Go to Quoted Post
Easy as pie. The part # is correct. Tom ApplianceEducator.com

Thanks, Tom! BTW, I went to your site, and your appliance recommendation form does not work with Seamonkey. I had to use Explorer to make it work. It gives the error:

CGIEMAIL has been installed correctly.
To utilize this script, include the following tag in your HTML document: <FORM ACTION="/cgi-bin/cgiemail" METHOD="POST">

This was the dishwasher section.

I have ordered the part and hopefully all will go well. It looks pretty easy on the exploded diagram.

Thanks again,
Dobermann

kayakcrzy  
#4 Posted : Thursday, November 6, 2008 3:33:35 AM(UTC)
kayakcrzy

Let us know how it goes. Tom ApplianceEducator.com
Dobermann  
#5 Posted : Tuesday, November 11, 2008 8:59:15 PM(UTC)
Dobermann

The part arrived today from APP. Easy as pie to install and replace! It was funny -- my Mother came over and was sitting on her walker watching me and my handy-dandy Dewalt when I asked her if she noticed anything strange. She did not get it until I told her - Husband was cooking dinner and I was fixing the appliance.

Just a wee bit backwards!

Cheers,
Dobermann
kayakcrzy  
#6 Posted : Wednesday, November 12, 2008 3:11:30 AM(UTC)
kayakcrzy

Tell her husband he's got a heck of women. Great Job!!! That's the way to save the cash. Tom ApplianceEducator.com
Dobermann  
#7 Posted : Sunday, November 16, 2008 4:52:35 PM(UTC)
Dobermann

Tell her husband he's got a heck of women. Great Job!!! That's the way to save the cash. Tom ApplianceEducator.com

Thanks, Tom!

Well, here is a sad update..... after "enjoying" the ability to do all the laundry I wanted, whenever I wanted, it has died once again doing the same thing. Could it be that the replacement part was bad?? It is dying in the same spot - rinse tank is full, but nothing happens. It makes the same errrrr sound, then silence and still. Perhaps if I let it sit for a while it will kick start itself like it used to do.

Do you think it is really the timer <again> or something else? Of course I tossed out my old part. :(

Thanks,
Dobermann

PS-I will be away from an internet connection for the next week, so I will not be able to respond to any postings until then.
kayakcrzy  
#8 Posted : Monday, November 17, 2008 3:37:59 AM(UTC)
kayakcrzy

It sounds like the motor might be the issue now. Just for the shear fact that it cools off and then works. Tom ApplianceEducator.com
Dobermann  
#9 Posted : Monday, December 1, 2008 2:52:35 PM(UTC)
Dobermann

It sounds like the motor might be the issue now. Just for the shear fact that it cools off and then works. Tom ApplianceEducator.com

Hi Tom,

I have given this some analytical thought, and I have some doubts as to this really being the motor. The reason for this is because if it was the motor, I would think it would not work at all, or at a minimum, not work in different spots. This is not what is happening.

What the unit does each and every time without fail is fill the tank for the wash, perform the wash cycle, drain the water, *then* sit there and wait. After about 10 minutes, it makes an errrrrrr sound for about 4-5 seconds, then stop. A few minutes later and it repeats this errrrrrrr sound for about another 4-5 seconds. It will do this many times, with what seems like the interval between attempts growing slightly longer.

After about 20 minutes or more, one of two things will happen. I will unplug the unit to let it (and my ears) rest or it will start back up, spin out the water and fill the tank for the rinse. Now it will stop again and perform this same exact routine of errrrrrrrrrr and wait, with the same two options as before. Finally, it will just decide it wants to start (no errrrrrr sound, just start normal). Then it performs the rinse, drains the tank and spins without stopping. Oh, once in a while it will actually stop during the rinse cycle, but not often.

It will also enter this errrrrrrrrrr routine if I make the unconscionable mistake of opening the lid to add something during the wash cycle. That's another signal to me that it is not the motor. It seems like some sort of a sensor to me based upon how opening the lid during the otherwise fine wash cycle causes problems.

Any thoughts? I really do not want to buy a new one as I like this one (even though it sometimes tears underwear for no known reason). It has never eaten any socks, though!

Dobermann
kayakcrzy  
#10 Posted : Tuesday, December 2, 2008 3:53:16 AM(UTC)
kayakcrzy

Where is the errrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr coming from? Tom
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply