Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Karen Koziol  
#1 Posted : Tuesday, November 4, 2008 3:10:54 PM(UTC)
Karen Koziol

Groups: Registered

My washing machine has been acting up as follows; It has been washing fine, however, as it agitates it was making a very loud whirring noise. When it spun out it would make a very, very loud clacking noise. I took off the front panel and it sounded like the noises were coming from the pump. Plus, it appeared that something was loose in there and spinning around but wouldn't get sucked out. The machine would complete it's cycle despite the racket. I ordered a new pump and installed it. As I was doing my first load of laundry it began to whir softly but no clacking.When it was on it's final spin cycle the pump stopped working and I smelled a hot rubber smell. The tub spins but the water doesn't get sucked out. I tried to set the pump in the same position as before so the belt tension would be the same. New belt? help.
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.