Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
maddness35  
#1 Posted : Monday, October 1, 2007 4:23:02 PM(UTC)
maddness35

Groups: Registered

Washer was working fine,was'nt making any strange noises or smells then just quit spinning.Unit wont spin on any cycle.
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

maddness35  
#2 Posted : Monday, October 1, 2007 4:46:02 PM(UTC)
maddness35

Also unit drains water fine.When on the spin cycle the pump runs but the motor does not turn on,even with the lid swith bypassed.
richappy  
#3 Posted : Tuesday, October 2, 2007 1:53:56 AM(UTC)
richappy

Groups: Senior Expert

Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 2 post(s)
Remove front panel and remove belt from motor. Select spin with timer, does the motor now run?
If so, you might have something caught in the tub. Verify by shining a bright lite in the spin basket and look for something between tub and basket.
If ok, turn the tranny pulley in the spin direction, if hard to turn, you might have a jammed brake.
As far as I know, brake shoe is not available, just need a new tranny
scald  
#4 Posted : Friday, November 14, 2008 4:05:30 AM(UTC)
scald

I just had a similar problem. (Search GE Brake) and your will find my thread. My newer model GE stopped spinning intermitently. Would spin withpout load of clothes; sometimes spin first cycle not second. Took it apart and found my brake was dragging. The pad was broken (not positive that the breakage didn't happen during disassembly)..... and noticed the brake was not applying evenly (one side of the friction pad worn down). Anyway, the friction pad is available/I ordered it here and I'm going to try to fix it. (you will find the part number for my washer and info on trying to find the part number for yours when you visit my thread above with "Badfish" Good luck! Oops! This thread was from 2007.. I'm sure it's been resolved by now. Sorry, I'm new at using this Forum, but am having a very positive experience with it.
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply