Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
mrack  
#1 Posted : Thursday, November 4, 2010 9:21:53 AM(UTC)
mrack

Groups: Registered

So,

I have a stackable washer/dryer combo. The washer cycle will start and fill but then it stops and will not agitate.

I originally was leaning towards a bad lid switch but the water will stop filling if I open the lid.

Now I read in another forum that somone else had the same problem and he could get it to work if he hi the top hard enough (not the lid itself) hard enough. To my surprise I did the same thing just for the heck of it and I got the cycle to continue.

Any ideas where I need to look at?
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

Gene  
#2 Posted : Thursday, November 4, 2010 12:57:15 PM(UTC)
Gene

Groups: Senior Expert, Administrators

Was thanked: 4 time(s) in 4 post(s)
The lid switch actually is the combination of two switches: the lid or PC switch (#5 on the diagram) and the check switch (#17).

The water valve gets power through the PC switch while the motor can be powered up through both switches only (wiring diagram).

Looks like the check switch in your washer does not work.

You have to check the lid switch assembly to figure out what has to be done to fix the problem. Some time it can be just the new check switch, some time the whole assembly has to be replaced.

- The check switch Part number: AP4023948
mrack  
#3 Posted : Thursday, November 4, 2010 1:46:38 PM(UTC)
mrack

Thanks Gene!!

I will definitely focus on that area.

Now my initial problem. I am unable to get the front panel off because the drain pan gets in the way. Unless I am totally doing it wrong. I got the 2 screws off and the front panel wants to lift up from the bottom. However, the lift on the drain pan gets in the way and I don't have much room to play with. I was considering using brick and a crowbar just to lift it enough for me to clear the drain pan.

Will I need to also lift the top lid? If so, how do I go about doing that since the dryer sits on it? The Washer sits in a small closet so I don't have much room to tilt or anything.
Gene  
#4 Posted : Friday, November 5, 2010 1:05:50 PM(UTC)
Gene

Groups: Senior Expert, Administrators

Was thanked: 4 time(s) in 4 post(s)
It is good to have a drip pan under a washer but it is a real headache when it comes to repair. Only your common sense can help you in such situation.

The design of this washer allows you to lift up the top panel from the front high enough to rich the needed parts. You also can remove the access panel between the washer and the dryer.

If you'll find a way to move the machine from the drip pan, then the washer can be slide out of the frame (#34 on the diagram).

Gene.
garyeileen  
#5 Posted : Sunday, November 28, 2010 8:30:33 PM(UTC)
garyeileen

UserPostedImage LSG7806AAE Washer combo Lid switch replaced
LSG7806AAE Washer combo Lid switch replaced

See my similar problem. I stopped once I could not get hte top off the washer and then called Maytag. They knew quickly just how to!

I myself replaced the one easy fuse, and it worked for one day.
then it would fill, but stopped without agitating.

I had to call the Maytag service; they dissembled the front and took off the whole top in order to replace the complete 'lid-switch-assembly.'

I wish I were more mechanically inclined to test and replace that all by myself. Maybe NEXT time I might try. Thanks for you solid advice, Eric!

Quick Reply Show Quick Reply