Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
allenamy  
#1 Posted : Wednesday, November 3, 2010 6:23:23 PM(UTC)
allenamy

Groups: Registered

I have a Maytag Neptune front loader that's almost 5 years old. We have had many problems with the mold smell in the past and have done our best to keep it clean. Most recently, my problem is that my towels smell like mildew right out of the dryer. I've been doing research on this all day and have read all of the most popular remedies but one that struck me was that my drain pump could be the culprit...it could be holding mold and mildew, thus not allowing my towels to become clean. So I took the thing apart today...one thing I noticed when I removed the dispenser drawer was that there was so much moldy build up inside the area the drawer goes into. Apparently this is called the "dispenser component" and there is no way to get in there and clean it. The holes are caked with mold and you can see that there is more inside this "closed" part. How do i clean this? I have tried everything with no real results. Is it possible I need to replace this part? Once I solve this issue, I'm sure I will be able to get my towels smelling good again. Thanks for your help!!!!!
A
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.