Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
cwastchak  
#1 Posted : Wednesday, October 27, 2010 8:26:50 AM(UTC)
cwastchak

Groups: Registered

I have a Kenmore Elite King Size Quiet Pak 2 (I think...the model number might not be exact as I am not in front of the machine).

What happens is that sometimes the spin cycle will run and sometimes it will not. When it does not run, I can get it to spin (usually) by opening the lid, manually spinning it/playing around with it, and then turning it back to spin cycle. I think I have noticed that it is not spinning as fast as it should sometimes (can't confirm this just a theory). This might be my imagination but the whole drum seems really loose, how loose should it be? Could this be stretched out springs or something like that?

This is just really annoying and I would like any thoughts on what it might be. I have flipped the unit and looked at the coupler. Visually, it didn't look bad, but I didn't take anything apart or anything like that. This happens almost everytime I use the washer, so I don't think it due to overloading or uneven loads. I saw another post on here someone with a similar problem and the issue was either drive block or clutch. Does this seem like it might be the clutch?

Also was wondering if you have any guides on how to disassemble one of these guys. At least where to start...

Thanks in advance for any help you can provide.

Chris
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

magician59  
#2 Posted : Wednesday, October 27, 2010 10:08:48 AM(UTC)
magician59

Groups: Senior Expert

If it's a drive train problem, it will show up in all the cycles. It sounds electrical to me. Something like a faulty lid switch; a bad start capacitor, or a dead spot in the motor windings.
cwastchak  
#3 Posted : Wednesday, October 27, 2010 10:12:35 AM(UTC)
cwastchak

Magician,

Funny you should say that, I think it IS happening at any stage of the cycle that requires spin. What cycles would you expect to see this happening in?

I don't think it is the lid switch because when it is not spinning, the motor still sounds like it is running. Wouldn't you not hear anything in this case?

Chris
Joe / APP Team  
#4 Posted : Wednesday, October 27, 2010 10:23:51 AM(UTC)
Joe / APP Team

Groups: Moderators

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
Originally Posted by: cwastchak Go to Quoted Post
I have a Kenmore Elite King Size Quiet Pak 2 (I think...the model number might not be exact as I am not in front of the machine).

What happens is that sometimes the spin cycle will run and sometimes it will not. When it does not run, I can get it to spin (usually) by opening the lid, manually spinning it/playing around with it, and then turning it back to spin cycle. I think I have noticed that it is not spinning as fast as it should sometimes (can't confirm this just a theory). This might be my imagination but the whole drum seems really loose, how loose should it be? Could this be stretched out springs or something like that?

This is just really annoying and I would like any thoughts on what it might be. I have flipped the unit and looked at the coupler. Visually, it didn't look bad, but I didn't take anything apart or anything like that. This happens almost everytime I use the washer, so I don't think it due to overloading or uneven loads. I saw another post on here someone with a similar problem and the issue was either drive block or clutch. Does this seem like it might be the clutch?

Also was wondering if you have any guides on how to disassemble one of these guys. At least where to start...

Thanks in advance for any help you can provide.

Chris

Chris,

Did or does the washer make a clunking noise in the spin cycle(especially at the start of the cycle ?

Here is a great information post, from our APP Team Forum,
It'll give you all the information and checks you need to make for your repair.

http://forum.appliancepartspros...-washer-brake-shoes.html

Good Luck,
:) :) :)
cwastchak  
#5 Posted : Thursday, October 28, 2010 8:25:06 AM(UTC)
cwastchak

It does make like a sort of clicking noise like it does whenever it is starting the next cycle, is that what you mean? How loud would it be?
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply