Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
chyna  
#1 Posted : Saturday, October 23, 2010 6:43:17 PM(UTC)
chyna

Groups: Registered

i bought a used washer and dryer... it is an awesome set i used it the first day with no problems the next day i ran one load through and put another one in i threw in a stray sock while it was agitating and the lid slipped and slammed shut now nothing all it does is fill with water. i can hear a click when i put the lid down on the left hand side. i dont hear the motor engage or anything no humming nothing i want to say that the lid switch needs to be replace but im no repair person so im asking for help here. is this my problem. i have to call repair man on monday and dont want them to take me for a ride. also how would i find out what kind of washer this is and how old it is?
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

sidfink43  
#2 Posted : Monday, October 25, 2010 3:18:54 PM(UTC)
sidfink43

Groups: Senior Expert

I think it is the lid switch, expect to pay between $100-$125 for the service tech and parts if that is the problem.

You can check it out by following these pics at this site.

Kenmore top loader blues - SublimeMasterJW's Appliance Advice

After you get the console up, and have disconnected the lid switch, insert a solid, insulated wire in the two holes of the connector coming from the console that do not have a green wire, probably the outside holes. This will bypass the switch. Then plug it back in (you did unplug it to work on it, right!) and turn the dial to spin. If it spins, the switch is likely the culprit.

If you post the serial number we can tell you when it was made.
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply