Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
ShankTim  
#1 Posted : Saturday, October 23, 2010 11:22:53 AM(UTC)
ShankTim

Groups: Registered

The washer started malfunctioning by not working while it was on the Hot/Cold setting. We had a handyman come out and he seemed to reset it easily but he noticed that the timer was malfunctioning while on the "Wrinkle Free" fabrics cycle. We don't use this cycle and it seemd to be working OK on the other cycles so we chose not to have the timer replaced by the handyman who wanted $250 parts/labor.

A few weeks later the washer started to over flow. I looked on some only repair forums and it appeared the timer was the problem. The repair forums and the handyman's earlier diagnosis had me convinced the timer needed to be replaced.

I installed a new timer but the new timer dial does not turn, it sticks on one spot in the cycle which left unchecked overflows the washer. Additionally if I manually advance the timer dial throughout the cycle the agitation function never occurs, just the filling, the spinning and the draining functions.

It seems this brand new timer is doing the same thing as the old timer. My first suspicion is that I recieved a bad replacement timer but before I order another one I wanted to find out if there is any other reason the timer dial might be sticking and is there any reason besides a bad timer that the load would not agitate?

Thank you!!!
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.