Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
labrooks  
#1 Posted : Friday, October 22, 2010 7:14:49 PM(UTC)
labrooks

Groups: Registered

I've been reading all the unbalance info and it sounds like my problem is the clutch so I'm ready to tackle it. Problem is all the instructions refer to the service manual and the link provided requires a login (which costs $500 for access). So, what I need besides the instructions for cleaning the clutch is the proper way to get the belt off and then back on.

Any help with that? The previous directions refer to pg 46-47 of the service manual. Thanks
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

dh1200s  
#2 Posted : Friday, October 22, 2010 9:46:47 PM(UTC)
dh1200s

Originally Posted by: labrooks Go to Quoted Post
I've been reading all the unbalance info and it sounds like my problem is the clutch so I'm ready to tackle it. Problem is all the instructions refer to the service manual and the link provided requires a login (which costs $500 for access). So, what I need besides the instructions for cleaning the clutch is the proper way to get the belt off and then back on.

Any help with that? The previous directions refer to pg 46-47 of the service manual. Thanks

Loosen this bolt and walk the drive belt off the Clutch Pulley see pic.

""which costs $500 for access"" Yea thats real good support for all the design issues with the machine.

I'll attach a pic just loosen the drive belt tension bolt a bit. You will have fun trying to re-tension. I would just walk the belt off the Clutch Pulley. Watch for pinched fingers. If you e-mail me I have other pic's and typed instructions on many issues with the machine. Just follow this post Maytag Neptune load unbalance and make sure you try the little test I describe for testing the proper Lock Up of the One-Way roller clutches with CCW rotation of the bearing plate around the Spinner Shaft Coupler before you clean up and re-lube. Let us know how much contamination/rust you find with the One-Way Roller clutches. If you can post a pic that would be handy.

As I mentioned e-mail me. My V-card has my adr and I will help you with any Service Manual questions you have.........Dick
dh1200s attached the following image(s):
Drive Belt.jpg
labrooks  
#3 Posted : Monday, October 25, 2010 6:42:50 AM(UTC)
labrooks

thanks for all the help, cleaned up the clutch and it's working perfectly
dh1200s  
#4 Posted : Monday, October 25, 2010 7:15:58 AM(UTC)
dh1200s

Another FAV6800A that was saved from Bulk Trash Pickup day………….at no cost which makes it even better. Thank you for sharing the update.

Good working with you labrooks.
jdgavin  
#5 Posted : Tuesday, November 2, 2010 8:19:03 PM(UTC)
jdgavin

[FONT=&quot]I opened up my Neptune TL FAV6800AWW Series 12, inspected the clutch, it's shot. VERY rusty/dirty/oil & spring is broken, so cleaning & lube won’t fix it! I’ll need to put in a new clutch, part is only $75.[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Also, due to the rust, there's definitely a leak, so I'm also ordering the Tub Seal and the O-Ring for $20 more. [/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]You can also see the rust where the clutch fits up onto the seating (sorry it’s blurry, I put my iPhone in there upside down, it’s a tight space).[/FONT] (SINCE MY PICS WERE LARGE THE ADMIN MUST HAVE REMOVED THEM, I'LL TRY TO REPOST THEM SMALLER)

[FONT=&quot]Any pointers/tips/tutorial on doing the Tub Seal and O-Ring on a Series 12? I know it’s tougher than the clutch. I’m postponing it for a while. I think you have to take out the whole inner tub, right?[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Thanks again, I wouldn’t have opened this up without the help from this forum.[/FONT]

UserPostedImage
jdgavin  
#6 Posted : Tuesday, November 2, 2010 8:19:58 PM(UTC)
jdgavin

Rusty clutch seating from leak. (This pic is taken looking from the bottom UP)UserPostedImage
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply