Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Curtok  
#1 Posted : Thursday, October 21, 2010 10:35:39 AM(UTC)
Curtok

Groups: Registered

The washing machine still works fine but about one minute into the wash and rinse cycles it starts to make a buzzing ringing sound that gets louder. The first minute or two it is quiet. During the spin cycle the buzzing ringing sound is hardly noticeable. If I lift the hood door to stop the agitation the ringing sound continues for second or two. I took the front pannel off but I did not see anything loose. I thought a spring may have come loose and was vibrating against one of the pannels.
Any suggestions on how I may go about finding the cause of this noise ?
How long do you think I have before it quits? If you think you know the cause please include the degree of difficulty in fixing the problem. I'm OK as long as I don't have 30 parts scattered around I have to put back.
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

Joe / APP Team  
#2 Posted : Thursday, October 21, 2010 11:10:56 AM(UTC)
Joe / APP Team

Groups: Moderators

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
Originally Posted by: Curtok Go to Quoted Post
The washing machine still works fine but about one minute into the wash and rinse cycles it starts to make a buzzing ringing sound that gets louder. The first minute or two it is quiet. During the spin cycle the buzzing ringing sound is hardly noticeable. If I lift the hood door to stop the agitation the ringing sound continues for second or two. I took the front pannel off but I did not see anything loose. I thought a spring may have come loose and was vibrating against one of the pannels.
Any suggestions on how I may go about finding the cause of this noise ?
How long do you think I have before it quits? If you think you know the cause please include the degree of difficulty in fixing the problem. I'm OK as long as I don't have 30 parts scattered around I have to put back.

Curt,

When you had the front panel off, did you run the machine ?

Try running the machine with the front panel off and see if you can isolate the noise ( be careful).

My best guess right now, would be, the belt or idler pulley and spring is your noise source.

Let us know what you find, and we can get you where you need to be.

:) :) :)
Curtok  
#3 Posted : Monday, October 25, 2010 9:27:47 AM(UTC)
Curtok

Groups: Registered

Are you good or what ?
The idler lever spring is the source of the noise. When I put my finger on it the noise stops completely. I don't quite understand why it takes a couple minutes before it starts buzzing. I had first thought it was maybe a bearing, so I am pleasantly surprised. Do you think I should replace the spring ?
Many Thanks
Joe / APP Team  
#4 Posted : Monday, October 25, 2010 10:19:17 AM(UTC)
Joe / APP Team

Groups: Moderators

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
Originally Posted by: Curtok Go to Quoted Post
Are you good or what ?
The idler lever spring is the source of the noise. When I put my finger on it the noise stops completely. I don't quite understand why it takes a couple minutes before it starts buzzing. I had first thought it was maybe a bearing, so I am pleasantly surprised. Do you think I should replace the spring ?
Many Thanks

Curt,

As long as the noise doesn't bother you, I don't see a need to replace it, yet.

But that's your call.It's just a "harmonic" imbalance, like a guitar string.

Here's the part number I would use,

Part number: AP4048417
Part number: AP4048417

You did a great job.

Good Luck,
:cool: :cool: :cool:
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply