Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
graityrra  
#1 Posted : Wednesday, October 20, 2010 5:14:36 PM(UTC)
graityrra

Groups: Registered

I have an Estate washer the began stopping in the middle of a wash cycle. last week. The last few times it happened we unplugged the machine and it started back up after a rest. Now all the thing does is hum like the motor won't start.

I just replaced the motor coupling as it was worn and made the washer smell like burning rubber. I tested the lid switch with a continuity tester and all is well there. The other threads I saw all seemed to point at the timer as a problem area, so yesterday I installed a new unit. Now, two loads later, I have a washer full of water and nothing but an annoying hum to show for my work. The motor sounded strong and never gave any indication that it might be going. Nothing else seems out of place. Where do I go next?
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.