Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
tamarmiller  
#1 Posted : Tuesday, October 19, 2010 6:18:58 AM(UTC)
tamarmiller

Groups: Registered

After the washing machine was moved it started making a LOUD BANG noise whenever it stops spinning.

The spinning had stopped completely - we replaced the coupler and now it is spinning again, but I have never taken care of the loud bang and I am worried that the bang is indicative of a problem.
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

richappy  
#2 Posted : Tuesday, October 19, 2010 3:19:03 PM(UTC)
richappy

Groups: Senior Expert

Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 2 post(s)
One of the support springs may have fallen off in the move, or the skate board under the tub is misaligned.
If everything ok, you probably have dragging brake shoes. You can go to my sticky above "replacing direct drive washer brake shoes" for info and verification.
Rostew  
#3 Posted : Friday, May 20, 2011 12:05:02 PM(UTC)
Rostew

Groups: Registered

I am working on a washer model WTW57ESVW0 and I took it apart. The breaks look good, clutch looks good, basket drive looks good. The only problem with the washer is that it makes a banging noise when it stops spinning. I also notice that it takes a while for it come to a complete stop causing me to suspect the basket drive break assembly. Any experiences with this one?
Gene  
#4 Posted : Friday, May 20, 2011 3:14:40 PM(UTC)
Gene

Groups: Senior Expert, Administrators

Was thanked: 4 time(s) in 4 post(s)
Sounds like there is a problem with the brake shoes. You can find some useful information in one of our previous threads: http://forum.appliancepartspros...-washer-brake-shoes.html

Here are the breakdown diagrams and Replacement parts for WHIRLPOOL WTW57ESVW0 AUTOMATIC WASHER | AppliancePartsPros.com

Gene.
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply