Discuss

FAV6800A/FAV9800A Service Manual

in

Washer Repair

. "

ApplinacePartsPros, Would you have a link to the FAV6800A/FAV9800A Service Manual? 16022808 Revision 0 December 2003 Thank you...........Dick

..."

Register | FAQ's | New Posts | Today's Posts | Extras
Appliance Repair Forum > Appliance Repair Help > Washer Repair » FAV6800A/FAV9800A Service Manual

Post New Thread  Reply By reading any content on this site you agree to AppliancePartsPros.com, Inc. disclaimer and Terms of Use.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 10-15-2010, 11:15 AM

dh1200s is on a distinguished road
Default FAV6800A/FAV9800A Service Manual
Brand: -brand-   Age: Less than 1 year   

Appliance Parts from AppliancePartPros.com

ApplinacePartsPros,

Would you have a link to the FAV6800A/FAV9800A Service Manual?

Revision 0
December 2003

Thank you...........Dick

See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

Old 10-15-2010, 03:12 PM
Senior Expert

Joe / APP Team is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by dh1200s View Post
ApplinacePartsPros,

Would you have a link to the FAV6800A/FAV9800A Service Manual?

Revision 0
December 2003

Thank you...........Dick
Here you go.

https://www.servicematters.com/secur...s/16022808.pdf

Joe M. APP TEAM

Find Appliance Parts at AppliancePartsPros.com - Largest inventory in the U.S. with 91% of all in-stock orders delivered within 2 business days. Thousands of photos and diagrams make it very easy to find the right part. Enter your appliance model here.
Old 01-10-2011, 06:40 PM

adamsalbia is on a distinguished road

Please click one of the Quick Reply icons in the posts above to activate Quick Reply.
Old 01-11-2011, 01:07 PM
Senior Expert

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe / APP Team View Post

Adam,

How can we help you ?

Does it have to do with the link I sent you ?

There have been changes in policies and procedures with that particular service sight, and are unable to attach links to / from, that sight.

When you respond, please attach a personal e mail adress and I will make another attempt to process and get a copy to you, again.

Thanks,

Joe M. APP TEAM

Find Appliance Parts at AppliancePartsPros.com - Largest inventory in the U.S. with 91% of all in-stock orders delivered within 2 business days. Thousands of photos and diagrams make it very easy to find the right part. Enter your appliance model here.
Old 03-11-2011, 01:59 PM

jatman is on a distinguished road
Default FAV6800A/FAV9800A Service Manual

Hi,
I'm new to this forum, and also trying to get a copy of the service manual on line. Clicked a link as suggested by other contributors to this forum, and went to Whirlpool Corporation website. Unfortunately, it does not allow access unless one is already registered. Could not find link for new registrants.

Thanks,
Bill
PS. I hope I'm not breaking protocol by replying to thread in this manner.

Quote:
Adam,

How can we help you ?

Does it have to do with the link I sent you ?

There have been changes in policies and procedures with that particular service sight, and are unable to attach links to / from, that sight.

When you respond, please attach a personal e mail adress and I will make another attempt to process and get a copy to you, again.

Thanks,

Old 03-11-2011, 03:27 PM
Senior Expert

Quote:
Originally Posted by jatman View Post
Hi,
I'm new to this forum, and also trying to get a copy of the service manual on line. Clicked a link as suggested by other contributors to this forum, and went to Whirlpool Corporation website. Unfortunately, it does not allow access unless one is already registered. Could not find link for new registrants.

Thanks,
Bill
PS. I hope I'm not breaking protocol by replying to thread in this manner.

Bill,

We still cannot attach service manuals from the service sight you're requesting.

What seems to be the problem with the washer, someone, here on the Repair Forum, should be able to assist you.

You may need to contact W/P Customer Service or a online service manual dealer, and purchase the manual.

Joe M. APP TEAM

Old 03-11-2011, 06:23 PM

Default FAV6800 Self Destructing

I noticed my washer was not wringing the clothes properly - still quite wet when cycle complete. My son, who initially noticed the problem, says that the washer had problem "turning over". He said it sound like the unit started and stopped several times. I didn't pay proper attention to him thinking that the problem was that the jackets and buckles were banging on the sides of the tub.

I did a test as suggested by tugging the tub towards the front left and right. The tub felt looser than I previously recall, and it tended to stay somewhat to the left and right instead of returning to center. Based on what I've read in this forum, perhaps I have at minimum is bad strut(s).

More evidence that the drum is spinning away uncontrolled is that the plastic tub cover, Part Number: AP4033621, has scraped against the steel top cover and left shredded plastic pieces at the bottom of the drum. There was obviously a lot of friction since the tub cover seem to have worn through towards the rear. The rubber splash guard Part Number: AP4035329 also has some slight damage, but seemingly not bad enough to require replacement.

So I need some suggestions on where to begin.

Thanks

Quote:
Bill,

We still cannot attach service manuals from the service sight you're requesting.

What seems to be the problem with the washer, someone, here on the Repair Forum, should be able to assist you.

You may need to contact W/P Customer Service or a online service manual dealer, and purchase the manual.

Old 03-11-2011, 08:14 PM

jatman,

I'm an owner and repair the FAV6800A and FAV9800A TL's and have some hands on knowledge.

Are there any error codes to the Console?

If you take that wet load and Start a Spin Only cycle do you get the same results?

You do need the Sevice Manual to assist with with repair and some coaching with troubleshooting.

If you look behind the right rear of the console and pass along the first two digits of the serial number. That is the series number of the machine. The number range is 10 thru 18 that I have I.D.so far.

I'll try to help you but could have some down time while we troubleshoot.

Dick

Last edited by dh1200s : 03-12-2011 at 12:15 PM.
Old 03-12-2011, 02:53 PM

Default FAV6800 Self Destruct

Hi Dick,
Reference: Model: FAV6800AWW; Serial: 16344512GL

I'm a bit reluctant to perform the spin cycle test on the machine fearing further damage. As I mentioned previously, the plastic tub cover, Part Number: AP4033621, has already sustained some damage, likely due to spinning while unbalanced. I'm hoping to salvage this part, as it costs $80.

I know that at minimum, there are mechanical issues. The machine did complete the wash cycle on the last washing, and I didn't notice any error codes on the panel. Would there be any problem with proceeding with mechanical repairs at this point? For whatever it's worth, I did a test of sorts by hand spinning the inner drum as fast as I could. It spun freely and smoothly without any unexpected noises.

I'm rather handy as a DIY'er, partly because I'm rather cheap, and because I just want to learn how to do it myself. Without the aid of the service manual, I'd still like to open up the machine to inspect the inside. Do I have to remove the console, then the top cover, before I can remove the front panel?

Thanks,
Bill

Quote:
Originally Posted by dh1200s View Post
jatman,

I'm an owner and repair the FAV6800A and FAV9800A TL's and have some hands on knowledge.

Are there any error codes to the Console?

If you take that wet load and Start a Spin Only cycle do you get the same results?

You do need the Sevice Manual to assist with with repair and some coaching with troubleshooting.

If you look behind the right rear of the console and pass along the first two digits of the serial number. That is the series number of the machine. The number range is 10 thru 18 that I have I.D.so far.

I'll try to help you but could have some down time while we troubleshoot.

Dick
Old 03-12-2011, 03:19 PM

Hey Bill,

See this Maytag Neptune load unbalance post for the steps to remove the front cover. It's for DC/UC unballance errors and Clutch Pulley Maint that sometimes will get folks back in svr if the the Clutch Pulley One-Way Roller Clutches bearing can be cleaned up. The red flag is sever was tub banging around in Spin Cycle.

A lot folks get steered to the front struts. Follow the post and see what you think. Maytag Neptune load unbalance

I'm at work and have to stick around for the time change this morning, so I may not be of much help until tomorrow. You will find my email adr in the in my profile. I have some hand docs and pics that might help you for the start of troubleshooting you it's good stuff if you are going to DIY.

Your machine is a Series 16 that was my orginal machine. I own a series 10, 16 and 17......couple of internet wins.

It's possible you have a strut problem you will see real quick with basic inspection...........Dick

Last edited by dh1200s : 03-14-2011 at 04:13 PM.
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.