Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
tolbsplace  
#1 Posted : Friday, September 28, 2007 4:02:21 AM(UTC)
tolbsplace

Groups: Registered

Please help..I have a roper washer that spins fine but the problem is the drain overflows..I have to stay with it during the spin cycle to let the water drain down..I have checked for clogs in the pipe and there is none..Please any and all suggestions would be appreciated.
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

Tr0ubl3  
#2 Posted : Sunday, October 4, 2009 1:56:29 PM(UTC)
Tr0ubl3

My washer does same thing, spins fine and then when it goes to drain the water it overflows! My last washer which i had for at least 7 years didn't do that and frankly i am not satisfied and would NEVER buy another roper washer
applianceman  
#3 Posted : Sunday, October 4, 2009 7:28:44 PM(UTC)
applianceman

If your drain line (house plumbing) is not clogged or partially clogged the pipe may not be large enough to carry the water fast enough so that it doesn’t back up. Also sometimes I see that the drain line from the washer meets the main drain line at a T connection that will limit the amount of water that can flow. If the drain meets the main line at an angle or a curve more water can flow faster.

However there is simple solution that may fix your problem. You can install a siphon break. This will allow you to tape the drain up solid so that the water doesn’t back into the floor. This doesn’t stop the water from backing up it just stops it from leaking in the floor. Note that if you tape the drain up without installing a siphon break the water will siphon out the washer while it is in operation.

Troubl3

Your new washer may pump water just a little faster than the old one or the drain line may be partially clogged. It is likely any brand washer you install will do the same thing.

Clothes Washer Repair Guide
rdjirasek  
#4 Posted : Tuesday, November 30, 2010 9:27:37 PM(UTC)
rdjirasek

Washer drain overflows are a common thing.What will fix it? GVii valve pressurizes your drain and keeps it from backing up.This is a patented,Proven product thosands sold.More info go to GViivalve.com
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply