Discuss

Kenmore model 110.46472501 sewer odor

in

Washer Repair

. "

after a few days of not doing any wash, the first load has a nasty sewer odor. Wash loads afterwards

..."

Register | FAQ's | New Posts | Today's Posts | Extras
Appliance Repair Forum > Appliance Repair Help > Washer Repair » Kenmore model 110.46472501 sewer odor

Post New Thread  Reply By reading any content on this site you agree to AppliancePartsPros.com, Inc. disclaimer and Terms of Use.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 09-27-2007, 08:35 PM

rbell is on a distinguished road
Default Kenmore model 110.46472501 sewer odor
Brand: Kenmore   Age: 1 - 5 years   

Appliance Parts from AppliancePartPros.com

after a few days of not doing any wash, the first load has a nasty sewer odor. Wash loads afterwards are not too stinky but let it sit for a few days and the first load stinks bad. No odor inside washer, clothes are fine.

See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

Old 12-29-2007, 04:07 PM

mrbama07 is on a distinguished road
Thumbs up Fix sewer odor

These units have a gasket in the front, right inside the door, that holds a little bit of water after a cycle. Stick your finger in and pull the gasket back a bit, you'll probably see yucky black mildew everywhere.
You can leave the door open all the time and this will help cut down on mildew building up in there, but I have found that leaving the door open isn't enough. I have a dehumidifier next to the washer that runs on auto, helping to dry out the washer. Plus, once every six months or so I have to run a rinse only cycle, and when it is in the middle of the cycle, press the stop button ONCE.
Then you open the detergent drawer and pour in about 4 gallons of hot water (I have a utility sink in the washroom that makes this easy). Follow that up with about 1 and 1/2 cups of bleach and then let it sit for 4 hours.
After 4 hours come back and press and hold START. The washer will complete the cycle and will have washed away most of the mold and mildew in the washer.
Its a crappy problem but common to front loaders.
Hope this helps, it keeps my clothes from smelling like the swamp.
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.