Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
FLYBOY1320  
#1 Posted : Wednesday, October 6, 2010 10:14:13 AM(UTC)
FLYBOY1320

Groups: Registered

For the past year when my washer fills it only uses hot water and does not respond to a cold setting. Also very infrequently after not using washer for awhile I find a pool of water in the drum when I know it did drain completely last time used. Is it likely both problems can be fixed with replacement of the electric valve assembly that has the incoming hose connections for incoming hot and cold water supply.

While I believe the new valve assembly would stop the water pool problem I have my doubts that is the cause of my longstanding and more important wash water temp problem. So what other causes should I look at, test for? Thank you
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

FLYBOY1320  
#2 Posted : Wednesday, October 6, 2010 10:47:18 AM(UTC)
FLYBOY1320

It Passes The C00 To C08 Diagnostic Test And Cold And Hot Water Flow In At Correct Time.
Gene  
#3 Posted : Wednesday, October 6, 2010 3:15:47 PM(UTC)
Gene

Groups: Senior Expert, Administrators

Was thanked: 4 time(s) in 4 post(s)
Sounds like there is a problem with the temperature control.

Remove the temperature sensor (#24 on the diagram). Place it in a glass with the ice cold water and measure its resistance. It suppose to be about 35.9K Ω.

If the reading is incorrect, replace the temperature sensor.

If the reading is correct, replace the CCU.

- The temperature sensor Part number: AP3128829
FLYBOY1320  
#4 Posted : Wednesday, October 6, 2010 6:56:40 PM(UTC)
FLYBOY1320

I did the ice water check and was surprised that resistance started at about 31.3k ohms and immediately started a slow decline 100 ohms each step passed 29.0k kept decreasing and passed 20.4k after about 4 or 5 minutes and I stopped test. Have you seen that pattern before? So I will buy the sensor and hope that does it.

Do you agree that the small water build up will likely be fixed by changing the inlet valve? I have done a couple of loads since I originally wrote you and the post wash pooling did not occur....It is rare on my machine as sometimes I do not see it for months and then like 2 days ago it appeared after two loads on different days. Thank you for your help, Leonard in MT
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply