Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Torwadeo  
#1 Posted : Wednesday, October 15, 2008 3:41:52 PM(UTC)
Torwadeo

Groups: Registered

I went to Best Buy to look at new washing machines today and I was really interested in the inexpensive (under $500) whrilpool top loaders. The problem is the drain hose is not even close to how long I would need it to be to reach the drain. The drain is about 6 feet off the ground on the right side and the drain hose on the washer is on the left side and I would probably need another 4 of 5 feet to reach?

The sales guy said the extension kit had been discontinued. Also it seems like the inexpensive washers had been as well as all he had left was the floor model. I went to lowes and all they had was the floor model as well but said I could try to jimmy another hose to the existing one.

I didn't pull the trigger on the sale as I feel I need to do some more research on this extension problem

Thanks
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

v2k04  
#2 Posted : Wednesday, October 15, 2008 5:57:43 PM(UTC)
v2k04

Groups: Senior Expert

you can always get whirlpool siphon brake kit and hook the OEM hose to it then add the amount of 3/4 in rubber hose you need to reach the drain the kit comes with rubber bushings to accomodate whirlpools plastic corrigated hoses. I'll have to get the part number for you tomorro but I know the siphon brake kit is still availableI think on whirlpool you can go 8 ft of drain without overclocking ther pump. the siphone brake kit is designed say if you didn't have a stand pipe and you were going to a floor drain or if your house drain is slow and backs up etc.
libertyappl  
#3 Posted : Wednesday, October 15, 2008 9:07:42 PM(UTC)
libertyappl

Groups: Senior Expert

The syphon break kit part # AP3073577. An expandable drainhose part # should be AP3120142(call to verify as there's no description) Hope that helps!
Nat
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply