Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
khunter08  
#1 Posted : Thursday, September 30, 2010 4:42:58 PM(UTC)
khunter08

Groups: Registered

All;
I just received the replacement part, but because of the original age the new part is not quite built the same. How do i know which end is up? (so to speak)

The electrical connections on the original diaphram switch were on the left and the new one has only two on the left and one on the right (or vice-versa). I'll presume that the single connection is the hot-line in (gray wire), but which connector goes to the other two wires and which way is up to match low and high levels?

This is an old Maytag LA511 top loading washer and the part is 2-5015. The original diaphram switch was manufactured by Singer Instruments and the new part is by RobertShaw.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Keith
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.