Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
tedbuck  
#1 Posted : Wednesday, September 22, 2010 8:27:13 AM(UTC)
tedbuck

Groups: Registered

The spinning cycle is progressively becoming louder, grating (bad bearing type noise). Spinning the drum/washplate by hand generates the same noise. I'm told the driver hub needs to be replaced; part # 280145. I'd like to view the installation instructions beforehand, or some overview on proceedure. IE can this be done w/o tipping the machine over. There are other posts on this which >$200 parts were required. The above part is <$20. No posts/threads to replace part as I've been advised.
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

tedbuck  
#2 Posted : Sunday, November 14, 2010 3:22:58 AM(UTC)
tedbuck

Groups: Registered

My question was never answered and as a follow up I did resolve and determine that there was a defective bearing in the drive shaft assembly.

A new drum (outer) was required as the bearing assembly is not serviceable.

This is not a difficult repair with some "how to" instructions which I was able to find in bits and pieces in various sites.

The cost for having this repaired by a service company would have been approximately 60% of a new washer. I didn't find one company locally that recommended repairing out of warranty.
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply