Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
salhasan2003  
#1 Posted : Monday, October 6, 2008 12:16:16 PM(UTC)
salhasan2003

Groups: Registered

I have a top loader whirlpool washer. The door switch, which controls the spin cycle while the door is closed is broke. I purchased teh part to install. How can I access the wires to unplug the broken switch and plug the new one. Can I just cut the wires and reconnect and insulate the wires?
If you can help, please e mail salhasan2003@yahoo.com
Thanks,:confused:
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

libertyappl  
#2 Posted : Monday, October 6, 2008 1:23:07 PM(UTC)
libertyappl

Groups: Senior Expert

Use a putty knife to release the clips for the top, they are about 2 iches in from the corners. Raise the top like a car hood and you will be able to access the lid switch.
Nat
Drags1998  
#3 Posted : Monday, October 6, 2008 2:48:11 PM(UTC)
Drags1998

Groups: Senior Expert

The top DOES NOT open this way, Its best to replace the entire switch and harness!!! The entire cabinet comes off the washer in ONE piece. pull washer away from the wall, If you look at the console (from the rear of the machine) at the outer corners of the console you will see a screw going down into the top of the washer, remove these two screws, slide the console panel to the front about 3/4" and it will rotate over backwards.unplug the lidswitch harness, remove the 2 metal spring-clips (gold colored} by inserting a flat-blade screw driver into the front slot and prying towards the rear, when these clips are removed, open the lid and pull foward and the ENTIRE cabinet will come off, remove the switch and harness install the new one, The lip on the front of the cabinet goes UNDER the frame, GENTLY lower the cabinet onto the frame and aline the bottom of the cabinet to the frame, reinstall the clips(into the slot in the REAR panel and snap them down into the top. plug in the harness and reinstall the console!!!!:)
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply