Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
MissClaywell  
#1 Posted : Saturday, September 18, 2010 7:58:46 PM(UTC)
MissClaywell

Groups: Registered

I have an older, but very reliable (at least until now) Admiral Designer Series heavy duty washing machine. It has recently had difficulty getting through the spin and rinse cycles. The knob goes through the entire cycle, but it doesn't drain and/or spin, unless I turn the knob back to the spin/rinse cycles, and pull the knob out and hold it there for a minute or two - as I pull it out, it starts right up, but if I immediately let it go, it quits again. If I hold it there for a bit, and then let it go, it keeps going as though nothing was wrong.

In addition, it appears to be leaking some water...but I don't know if that has something to do with the spin/rinse cycle issue or not.

I've read alot about timers, lid switches, etc. I haven't the foggiest idea what the issue may be.

UPDATE - I just went out and watched it go through the first part of the cycle - it fills up fine, agitates fine, then just stops. The timer continues to run through the cycles, and sometimes (but not always) it spins on the very last one, but it doesn't appear to do it at all on the first spin/rinse cycle.

I noticed when the "spin" cycles was forced to start (ie - I put it on the last spin cycle, held the knob out for a minute or so until it started), the water, while draining, overflowed the drain pipe in the back (the hose that goes into my drain pipe in the wall - the drain pipe overflows). I don't know if when it spins it is supposed to drain, or if it is supposed to drain BEFORE spinning (which is what I think happens...), and therefor not put as much water into the pipe? If I need to have the pipe snaked, that's one thing...if it is draining the water improperly, that's another. Not sure how that part works.

I played around with the little plastic part that the lid pops into when you close the lid. It seems very loose...and dirty. The plastic part it clicks into just flops around...is that the lid switch?

Can anybody let me know their thoughts? I'd like to get the part ordered and try to fix this.

Thanks in advance!!

Bobbi Jo
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.