Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
MikeB62  
#1 Posted : Saturday, September 18, 2010 8:16:56 AM(UTC)
MikeB62

Groups: Registered

Have a Kenmore HE3t front load washer that does not completely empty all of the water when done. There is sometimes an 1" of water in the drum. We have noticed this is happening more, previously this only occured a couple of times. Now it is happening weekly.

I am good at taking apart & fixing things, thus what should I look for or do. Where do I start? Your help in the past on the Oven was great. Thanks Mike
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

MikeB62  
#2 Posted : Monday, September 20, 2010 9:52:36 AM(UTC)
MikeB62

Any help or suggestions on this?
bigger-hammer  
#3 Posted : Monday, September 20, 2010 10:30:27 PM(UTC)
bigger-hammer

Are you using "HE" detergent? If yes then i would make sure no kink in the drain hose, drain hose not shoved in too deep into drin pipe. water can syphon in or out goofing up water level sensor. (it shouldtn since theres a check valve/flap but it happens) That was the easy "no tools" stuff. After all that youre gonna have to check the pump for debris. Its gonna be messy cause even after a full drain cycle there will be some water left in the pump and hoses. A couple of towels will do. The drain pump is behaind the front bottom kick plate and this pump has an actual real trap/basket. Just turn counter-clockwise andsee what you find. Make sure you leak test after youre all done they can leak if not retightened properly.
MikeB62  
#4 Posted : Saturday, February 12, 2011 11:50:22 AM(UTC)
MikeB62

Please click one of the Quick Reply icons in the posts above to activate Quick Reply.
MikeB62  
#5 Posted : Saturday, February 12, 2011 12:07:11 PM(UTC)
MikeB62

Wife said today this is still occurring on a frequent basis. She says it is happening nearly all of the time. The few times I do the laundry probably only 10 - 15% of the laundry, it happens around 1/3 of the loads.

Anyway, did all of the things suggested last September - checked for kinks, obstructions, took apart the pump area and related connections. Cleaned all of them, but still having the problems.

How much is a typical service call for something like this? Could it be a sensor that just needs replacing or re-calabrated? Maybe the pump is not pumping at full flow rate, thus is not getting all the water out for the time allotted by the control panel? What is the cost of a new water pump? I seem to recall that I thought it looked pretty easy to replace.

The washer is at least 8 years old now, maybe time to replace. But that is alot of $$. Much rather try to fix, even if I need to bring someone in.

Suggestions welcome. Thanks for the help. Mike
MikeB62  
#6 Posted : Thursday, July 7, 2011 7:55:43 AM(UTC)
MikeB62

OK I think I know what the problem is.

The washer is slowly filling after & in between loads. That would make me think the water pump & or valve that shuts off the incoming water to the tub is not working properly.

Do you supply this part for this washer or do I need to go directly to the Sears parts website? If so, let me know & I will get it from you guys.

I also now need a door part for my matching Kenmore clothes dryer. We broke the door handle a couple of weeks ago.

Thanks Mike
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply