Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
eduke  
#1 Posted : Saturday, October 4, 2008 8:23:07 AM(UTC)
eduke

Groups: Registered

I just replaced an injector hose on this washer. However, after putting everything back together, I am now getting a "do" indicator on the display panel. It boots up fine with the number of minutes showing on the display for the chosen cycle but as soon as I press the start button - "do" indicator.

If I turn it off and press start - "do"

- the door is definitely closed

- all connectors have been double-checked and appear properly connected

- door monitor switch - the switch is also connected to the lamp with a single lead and the pin on the switch is activated by a "gate" that swings against it when the door is closed and springs back when door is open. This gate makes contact well and the device is working fine for turning the lamp on and off - tested with meter - no resistance when closed, resistance when open - tested leads for continuity - all seem fine.

- inputs and outputs at machine control board - I have checked these connectors - I have also looked for any broken, kinked or stripped wires where they come in through port holes into the control board area. All look good. I have had a very close look at the board and did not detect any components that appeared burned or overheated.

Locking mechanism:

A solenoid controls a rocker arm that slides the door lock back and forth. The sliding lock also has a tab that activates the "door locked" monitor switch when in the locked position. If I move the rocker arm to the "locked" position (this can only be done with the door closed), the "door locked" indicator lights up on the console but the solenoid kicks the rocker arm back to the unlocked position right away - presumably because it thinks the door is open?

Any ideas anyone? Is there a way to run a diagnostic on this unit's board?

Eugene
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.