Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
teacherdude  
#1 Posted : Wednesday, October 1, 2008 10:08:08 AM(UTC)
teacherdude

Groups: Registered

I just purchased an almost new Inglis washing machine and dryer. I live on a third floor apartment and used an appliance dolly to haul it up the 3 stories. When I hooked up the machine to run it. It made too much noise and wobled immediately. I have taken it apart and located a "Base Pad" that had come off. I popped it back in and also re aligned the "Suspension plate" on the "Base". However there are two bronze colored "pins" that are housed inside a plastic case that attaches to the base that seem to go in from the bottom up. The pins have a small hole at the end. As if to put a cotter pin or something into it. I believe a third one is missing because the base has the holes to hold another plastic housing. Can you please tell me what these "pins" go through? I believe it's the base, the suspension plate, but I'm not sure if they also go through anything else. Also, should there be 3 or only 2? Finally, is there some sort of something that holds those pins up? Thanks so much for your assistance.:confused:
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

libertyappl  
#2 Posted : Wednesday, October 1, 2008 11:42:27 AM(UTC)
libertyappl

Groups: Senior Expert

Please post your model number.
From what you are describing, those sound like shipping pins.... if they are then DO NOt put them in the unit.
Nat
royfire  
#3 Posted : Thursday, November 13, 2008 6:22:34 PM(UTC)
royfire

Groups: Registered

Hello all,
I am having the same problem as "teacherdude". I recently my old washer away to a family member. It is an Inglis top load. After hooking it up and testing it for water leaks and turning it to spin to drain, it made a lot of noise and vibrated. I found a brass pin under it on the floor and after tilting the washer I found another popped out. I am worried because I picked it up to move it to the truck lifting from the inner tub (stupid I know!) So here I am with 2 brass pins (about 1-2 inches long and flat on one side)with small holes drilled in them and 2 plastic"holder" things from the suspention. My question is ...are they shipping pins. And how do I fix the suspention after lifting on it?

Thanks for any replies!!
libertyappl  
#4 Posted : Friday, November 14, 2008 7:19:43 AM(UTC)
libertyappl

Groups: Senior Expert

royfire please post your model number.

Nat
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply