Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
drothrock  
#1 Posted : Sunday, September 28, 2008 6:31:31 AM(UTC)
drothrock

Groups: Registered

Washer will go thru cycle then the last 2 minutes it will [blink] till u reset it then when it needs to spin, it won't and it makes a almost clacking noise. We had a repair man look at it [which he didn't] and just said we needed a new [element]? Also when u hit the pause botton the [clacking noise keeps going and I have to unplug washer to make it stop then the door won't open, plugged in or not.
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

Zanshin  
#2 Posted : Sunday, September 28, 2008 11:02:52 AM(UTC)
Zanshin

Groups: Registered

Need more info, what was the "technicians diagnosis"?

You would only have an element if your model had sanitize as an option and actually raised the temperature of the water.

Is the "blinking" you mention the countdown time or is it a fault code? F (something) (normally a number)
I would check your pulley in the back of the unit to make sure its tight, remove entire back panel and look for large silver circle, you can also turn the drum by hand slowly at this time to see if you can duplicate the sound, it may be in the rear bearing, which is just an annoyance right now but could overheat and cause a leak, that bearing can only be replaced as part of the complete rear tub assembly ( CODE WORDS< VERY LARGE JOB)

The door not unlocking I think is unrelevant because unplugging the unit has stopped the cycle, not always releasing the door latch.
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply