Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Gregisperfect49  
#1 Posted : Monday, September 6, 2010 11:19:50 AM(UTC)
Gregisperfect49

Groups: Registered

I have this washer and near as I can tell it's not spinning during the drain cycle. It seems to jump back and forth to agitate. (seems to?) but when it is time to go into rinse/or finish spin all you hear is the water being taken out by the pump. But when opening the door and mechanically operating the door switch. The drum does not turn to spin. As I lightly move the agitator for it to engage the drum will attempt to spin but does not make it up to speed. I have already converted the "plastic motor pully to a metal one. I have replaced the water pump on a couple of occasions. I do this as I beleive my wife puts to many things in there and the weight become an issue. She says no,, I say yes! I was thinking there may be some replaceable type parts inside the agitator, but did not exactly see a screw or such inside under the top cap. I once was able to pull that maual up through Maytag. Not so lucky this time. Help? Am I wasteing time? Thanks for any help you could send my way.
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

Gregisperfect49  
#2 Posted : Monday, September 6, 2010 12:14:38 PM(UTC)
Gregisperfect49

Groups: Registered

Originally Posted by: Gregisperfect49 Go to Quoted Post
I have this washer and near as I can tell it's not spinning during the drain cycle. It seems to jump back and forth to agitate. (seems to?) but when it is time to go into rinse/or finish spin all you hear is the water being taken out by the pump. But when opening the door and mechanically operating the door switch. The drum does not turn to spin. As I lightly move the agitator for it to engage the drum will attempt to spin but does not make it up to speed. I have already converted the "plastic motor pully to a metal one. I have replaced the water pump on a couple of occasions. I do this as I beleive my wife puts to many things in there and the weight become an issue. She says no,, I say yes! I was thinking there may be some replaceable type parts inside the agitator, but did not exactly see a screw or such inside under the top cap. I once was able to pull that maual up through Maytag. Not so lucky this time. Help? Am I wasteing time? Thanks for any help you could send my way.
I was able to take off the agitator top and get down to the shaft where barrel/drum is bolted to Trans? Anyhow, When maually activating the door swtch in the spin setting the shaft goes back and forth but the drim does not turn?
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply