Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
jdkd  
#1 Posted : Thursday, September 2, 2010 3:09:17 PM(UTC)
jdkd

Groups: Registered

When the washer is dispensing fabric softener the drawer leaks water out the front. it doesn't leak water when detergent is dispensing. and i've removed the drawer and cleaned it. no luck. so i'd like to either:
1. turn off fabric softener dispensing since i don't use it anyway
or
2. figure out what's wrong with the drawer.

any ideas anyone?
thanks!
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

Robertoconsuerte  
#2 Posted : Saturday, December 14, 2013 9:36:36 AM(UTC)
Robertoconsuerte

For what it's worth, I just finished replacing the seal and bearing in the drum and had the same problem: sprinkles of water were streaming out the front of the detergent dispenser. The solution was in making sure that the three hose inserts which are situated in the back of the dispenser inside the three hoses, are fully inserted into the dispenser. They direct the water streams to their proper destinations. Mine were not fully inserted, causing the water to stream and leak in small amounts out the front of the detergent dispenser. Hope this helps!
jdkd  
#3 Posted : Saturday, December 14, 2013 9:48:08 AM(UTC)
jdkd

thank you for your response. im not sure how to check the hoses behind the dispenser. i don't see them when i remove the drawer. but in the meantime, i removed the gizmo from the top of the fabric softener dispenser and it doesnt leak out the front. however that little dispenser area fills with water which i have to remove after each wash. better than leaking all over the floor.
thank you again!
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply