Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
AZBullfrog  
#1 Posted : Monday, September 15, 2008 10:57:40 AM(UTC)
AZBullfrog

Groups: Registered

I have read a lot about this problem on here and would like to know if I am on the right track. I have a Neptune MAH3000AWA ten years old. It just started leaving wet clothes in the washer. I have installed a new pump and insured that the lines are clear both in front of and behind the pump. I opened the front and the top and observed the wax motor plunger very slowly advancing to close the small micro switch on the fast spin switch. I exchanged the door closed and fast spin micro switches and still no fast spin. My washer goes cw three or four times, then cc three or four times while the wax motor plunger is advancing and then just stops and hums. I tested cor voltage on the output of the micro switch after the plunger engaged it and have output there. Could it be the motor control board? I have examined it and can find no sign of burnt components. I noted two black cylinders marked as CE85 LQM that appear to have leaked out a clear liquid that is now hard set. I called the appliance parts store and they said the board is unavailable for my washer without buying a new motor too...total cost is $214.oo plus around $10 for a new was motor. Have I missed any steps on the road to do it yourself troubleshooting before I invest this money?:eek:
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.