Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
marknunn@bellsouth.net  
#1 Posted : Friday, September 12, 2008 7:42:58 AM(UTC)
marknunn@bellsouth.net

Groups: Registered

Moved recently and now my frgidaire washer's (model # GLTF1670AS0) spin cycle is vibrating excessively. I took front and back covers off and saw 1 of the shocks was broken. Replaced both shocks with new ones yesterday. Thought problem solved....put it in the spin cycle and worked fine with no clothes in it. put a load of clothes in and machine starts to move across the floor once the drum speed gets to max rpm. The springs look fine and the bolts are tight on the 2 brackets under tub in front. The machine is level. What else can cause the vibration????? HELP....
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

libertyappl  
#2 Posted : Friday, September 12, 2008 8:07:31 AM(UTC)
libertyappl

Groups: Senior Expert

It could have stretched the springs which isn't always visible.
When you moved did you put the shipping pins back in? Also what kind of floor is it on? If it's a wood floor try a simple test, place a glass about half full of water about 3 foot in front of the washer. If the water moves a lot part of the problem is the floor.
Nat
marknunn@bellsouth.net  
#3 Posted : Friday, September 12, 2008 9:00:51 AM(UTC)
marknunn@bellsouth.net

I had professional movers move my goods, what do the shipping pins look like? I'm already beyond the claim period, so can't make a claim. The floor is concrete. I have machine in the garge where I was testing it before putting it in the laundry room. I'm machine that came with the house to one of my children. My machine has been sitting in the garage for months, just now getting around to making sure it still works after moving. How much lateral and vertical movement should there be when moving the drum by hand??
libertyappl  
#4 Posted : Friday, September 12, 2008 9:10:10 AM(UTC)
libertyappl

Honestly we've never uncrated a Frigidaire front load to tell you what the shipping pins look like, on a Whirlpool they are a long plastic bolt looking thing, but Frigidaires maybe totally different. We are only a servicer and don't sell new ones.
But, the tub should have very little give by hand and if the shipping pins are in there will be none.
Hope that helps you a little.
Nat
PS. make sure that the washer doesn't move (rock back & forth on the concrete) The machine may be level and the floor have dips in it. I would probably go ahead and replace the front springs.
Drags1998  
#5 Posted : Friday, September 12, 2008 12:39:09 PM(UTC)
Drags1998

With a Frig. FL washer the shipping BOLTS go through the REAR panel in at least 2 places(Maybe 4) and screw into the tub. In the front there is a Foam block or 2 steel rods(depending on year) The shocks are pretty straight forward, I have NEVER had to replace springs because of shipping damage!!!! The tub should move back and forth about 2" The opening of the TUB should be almost lined up with the Door opening. (it may be a little lower) Is the tub hitting the BASE PAN in spin? If its not, The springs are NOT the problem!!!
marknunn@bellsouth.net  
#6 Posted : Friday, September 12, 2008 8:32:54 PM(UTC)
marknunn@bellsouth.net

Problem solved, the 2 brackets bolted under tub in front actually turns out to be the remaining shipping bolts....removed them and no more vibration. Now makes slight squeaking noise when slowing down from full speed spin. Thank you all......
libertyappl  
#7 Posted : Friday, September 12, 2008 9:15:06 PM(UTC)
libertyappl

Glad you were able to locate them!
Happy Washing.....
Nat
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply