Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

2 Pages12>
New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
smithlpoole  
#1 Posted : Tuesday, September 9, 2008 8:42:47 AM(UTC)
smithlpoole

Groups: Registered

My washer will fill in the beginning wash cycle and actually wash. But 20 minutes later the washer is still washing and has not advanced through its cycles.

It will only drain if you physically advance it to the last spin cycle. All other cycles in between won't do anything.

My husband replaced the coupler yesterday because at it had also stopped aggitating and spinning. Now it will aggitate and spin perfectly fine, but just won't advance.

Dog ears are cheap but that darn timer isn't: roughly $106.

Help.

Any way out of buying a timer and could this be another problem?:eek:

One additional minor problem: the top of the aggitator does not really move but the bottom portion moves the clothes with great force. From what I read we also need dog ears but they are very cheap.:D
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

ApplianceJunk  
#2 Posted : Tuesday, September 9, 2008 9:48:57 AM(UTC)
ApplianceJunk

Groups: Senior Expert

Hi,

Check the timer to make sure the wire to the timer motor did not come unplugged.

If all the wires to the timer are plugged in and you have power to the timer motor then it sounds like you have a bad timer.
smithlpoole  
#3 Posted : Tuesday, September 9, 2008 9:56:59 AM(UTC)
smithlpoole

Thanks so much for replying.

I took the two screws out of the top panel last night and everything appeared to be okay. I left it like that until I get home tonight just in case somewhere near had a timer...no one has one...everyone has to order one. I already ordered one from this website for shipment tomorrow.

A repairman today told me that it's definitely not the lid switch because the washer wouldn't aggitate at all nor would it spin and drain.

I'll order a timer and will replace it.

For this type of washing machine, is this difficult to do?

Thanks so much again.

Sherry in Philadelphia, PA
ApplianceJunk  
#4 Posted : Tuesday, September 9, 2008 10:08:01 AM(UTC)
ApplianceJunk

The timer is easy to replace. Push the timer knob in and then turn it counter clockwise until the knob comes off.

The face under the timer will then just slip off and you will then be able to see the two screws that hold the timer in place.
smithlpoole  
#5 Posted : Tuesday, September 9, 2008 10:20:47 AM(UTC)
smithlpoole

When you say the timer knob, are you referring to the round metal attachment within the timer housing contraption (this is all new to me) kinda to the left? There appears to be a few wiring hook-ups that need to be detached too.

Like all the other connections it appears to be attached to a metal sheet that runs across the entire inside of the control panel. There's no need for me to remove that then? Hooray!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

A lot of wires...
smithlpoole  
#6 Posted : Tuesday, September 9, 2008 10:22:18 AM(UTC)
smithlpoole

By the way, your response time is impeccable.

Thanks so much.
smithlpoole  
#7 Posted : Wednesday, September 10, 2008 8:32:55 AM(UTC)
smithlpoole

Washer: Kenmore Elite Series
Model: 110.20952992

The timer part I bought from Appliance parts pros came today and I installed in fine and the machine now goes through the cycles like it's supposed to. But I'm left with two additional problems:

1) the long skinny top part of the agitator does not really spin that forcefully so i went out and bought dog ears to replace and cannot access that area to replace the parts. It turns but when it's filled with clothes it doesn't look like it's moving much but when you put your hand in the machine and feel low to the bottom that bottom agitator part is moving very fast and forcefully like it's supposed to. a) I popped off the cap where the fabric softner goes and then grasped the white cap under that and took that out. Then I see what looks like a square type bolt with a round center. I don't seem to have anything that can fit that...I need something square to loosen it? I bought the dog ears (APP didn't have them yesterday) and I'm having problems getting to them in order to replace them. Help!!!!

2) There is a leak only on the right side of the washing machine. The left side in bone dry but the right side, even from underneath is beginning to look rusty. What do you think this could be? Because the outside of my washer is all connected, how would I check? Tilt and rest the machine against the wall and look underneath?

Thanks for your expertise...I await your response.
libertyappl  
#8 Posted : Wednesday, September 10, 2008 8:47:39 AM(UTC)
libertyappl

Sounds like your pump is leaking.

Generally, you need a 7/16 socket to remove that bolt in the agitator to replace the dogs.

Nat
smithlpoole  
#9 Posted : Wednesday, September 10, 2008 9:14:45 AM(UTC)
smithlpoole

Here's a picture of what I'm dealing with. I have a 7/16 but the ratchet doesn't appear to be long enough to readh down there. And, I'm not quite sure how a 7/16 will help since it's round and the inside of this bolt is square with a small round inside.

Help!
smithlpoole attached the following image(s):
Inside Agitator.jpg
ApplianceJunk  
#10 Posted : Wednesday, September 10, 2008 9:18:21 AM(UTC)
ApplianceJunk

Here is a repair guide for the agitator dogs, but yours does look different then what I have seen before.

http://appliancejunk.com...ms/index.php?topic=105.0

I wonder if it was taken apart before and maybe not put back together the correct way?

If you remove the washer cabinet you and run the washer you should be able to locate the leak.
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply