Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

3 Pages<123
New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
antny  
#21 Posted : Wednesday, September 17, 2008 7:32:23 PM(UTC)
antny

Groups: Registered

I agree that the tech should have been able to tell which it was for my $65. I believe he only ran the same diagnostic test I ran (probably without skipping each stage to narrow it down). My guess is that when he saw the F-11 code he looked it up and said it's either the CCU or the MCU, and the CCU gets changed first. He never removed or opened either of them and gave me his repair quote after 10-15 minutes. Still, if the MCU fixes my problem I'm still better off than the $900+ it would have cost me to have them do it.

Still, I'm kicking myself for not taking them both out for a visual inspection! :)

If my problems are solved, I might try resoldering my black relays back on my original CCU and see if it still works (I touched up a ton of the soldering on it when I was convinced it was the issue). Just out of curiosity.

I'm pretty sure my manual said something about not putting the washer on a surge protector, but I think I might do so anyway. I still think it was mostly an issue with the motor getting shut off in the middle of a wash or spin cycle though, and somehow there was a "blowback" surge to the MCU. Or maybe the power came back on while the motor was still spinning down?
Oh well, doesn't matter much at this point.

Thanks for the help.
libertyappl  
#22 Posted : Wednesday, September 17, 2008 7:40:50 PM(UTC)
libertyappl

Groups: Senior Expert

You're welcome, I know on the Maytags they recommended a GFCI for them, I do have one of those. not sure where you live, but we charge $55 but do a complete diagnostics and warranty our work on top of that.
Anyway, lets hope that gets you going.
Nat
antny  
#23 Posted : Friday, September 26, 2008 10:50:37 AM(UTC)
antny

Groups: Registered

My new MCU came in Monday and I didn't have a chance to put it in until last night. So far we have been through 4 loads and everything is fine, so problem solved. Thanks for the help!

Eventually I'll solder the relays back on my old CCU and plug it back in to see if it still works fine (after all of my desoldering/resoldering components on the board). If so maybe I'll ebay my new CCU to cut my loss.

Still, the $380 in parts (plus $65 for the worthless service call) is much better than the 900+ it would have cost to have them repair it. Thanks!
Now I know a bit more than I did before and I'll jump right into it the next time something breaks.
libertyappl  
#24 Posted : Monday, September 29, 2008 5:01:00 AM(UTC)
libertyappl

Groups: Senior Expert

Keep us posted if you need anything else.
Nat
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply