Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Gregg Vance  
#1 Posted : Monday, August 23, 2010 12:55:35 PM(UTC)
Gregg Vance

Groups: Registered

:confused: Folks I replaced the timer on my maytag Neptune but no luck. The washer works fine except you need to manually advance the timer to the next cycle. What now a new control board?

Any advice on what to do next is appreciated..
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

Gregg Vance  
#2 Posted : Tuesday, August 24, 2010 7:51:13 AM(UTC)
Gregg Vance

Thanks for the Help!!! I disassembled and checked the Control board for burning of R11. It is not burnt. I checked the door wax motor also, I have the up graded, black shaft motor.

So I'm looking for other possibilities for my problem other than the expensive control board, any more suggestions before I plunk down the $200+ non-refundable $$ for a new board?

Thanks
NeptuneHelp  
#3 Posted : Wednesday, August 25, 2010 2:40:30 AM(UTC)
NeptuneHelp

I would try replacing the Q3 triac before replacing the board. The STAGE 2 kit has 3 triacs in it. You can order the STAGE 2 kit at Neptune Help.

It is possible the Q3 just 'opened' up and cannot drive the timer anymore.

Originally Posted by: Gregg Vance Go to Quoted Post
Thanks for the Help!!! I disassembled and checked the Control board for burning of R11. It is not burnt. I checked the door wax motor also, I have the up graded, black shaft motor.

So I'm looking for other possibilities for my problem other than the expensive control board, any more suggestions before I plunk down the $200+ non-refundable $$ for a new board?

Thanks
Gregg Vance  
#4 Posted : Tuesday, August 31, 2010 7:39:04 PM(UTC)
Gregg Vance

Well I received my repair kit today, replaced the Q3 Triad and waa-la, the timer and machine works normally!!!:)

You saved me about $200, thanks for the help. (By the way the kit came with 5 triads so I have spares if needed later.

Thanks
NeptuneHelp  
#5 Posted : Wednesday, September 1, 2010 7:37:10 PM(UTC)
NeptuneHelp

Originally Posted by: Gregg Vance Go to Quoted Post
Well I received my repair kit today, replaced the Q3 Triad and waa-la, the timer and machine works normally!!!:)

You saved me about $200, thanks for the help. (By the way the kit came with 5 triads so I have spares if needed later.

Thanks

Hi Gregg,

In the STAGE 2 kit, there are (3) triacs, (2) transistors that drive the triacs. I include them all so you have a better chance of success as sometimes when the triacs fail they can damage the drivers, too. Please inform everyone that you know that has a Neptune front loader with a timer knob (non digital) to replace the door latch wax motor before it fails.

Keep me in mind when your bearings start to get loud. Your Neptune will start to sound like a jet taking off when it ramps up to high speed spin. See Neptune Bearing for more info.

Jeff
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply