Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
MarkHaas  
#1 Posted : Wednesday, August 27, 2008 9:45:48 AM(UTC)
MarkHaas

Groups: Registered

Our Bosch WFK 2401 washer won't drain and the problem seems to have developed just after a blocked drain line caused the kitchen sink (with disposal) to back up in the drain that carries out the washer water. My first step was pulling off the hose and flushing it out to make sure there was no trash in the line. Then I drained the washer and opened up the clean-out area and found nothing there. The drain hose is roughly 36" off the ground, and the top of the drain pipe is about the same height, but the hose goes all the way to the ground and comes back up. I'm wondering if maybe this hose was held up to make it easier to drain and that it has since fallen and the pump isn't strong enough to pump the water that far down and back up again. In any case, is there anywhere else to check for blockage? Does it sound like the water pump? Does the hose theory make sense? Could it be anything else? Thanks in advance for your input!
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.