Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
vivitar16  
#1 Posted : Wednesday, August 27, 2008 4:18:13 AM(UTC)
vivitar16

Groups: Registered

I have a GE WLSR2000G3WW it is barely a year old. At first when the water comes in, it won't cut off and the dial doesnt move. It runs onto the basement floor and does not wash.

It does pump the water out after I turn the dial , but it doesnt want to spin or let the rinse water come in most of the time, also it doesnt want to spin on the final spin. I have to turn the dial around a couple of times to get it to work halfway properly.

Is this a timer problem?
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

libertyappl  
#2 Posted : Wednesday, August 27, 2008 5:25:40 AM(UTC)
libertyappl

Groups: Senior Expert

The timer could very well be the problem, or at least most of it. The water not shutting off could also be your triple water valve or pressure switch. Have you had any bad storms lately( they can do havac on appliances)
Personally if it's that close to warranty being out I would throw a fit at GE and try to get them to send a tech out to fix it.(Sometimes works with most manufacturers)
abadfish66  
#3 Posted : Wednesday, August 27, 2008 7:06:59 AM(UTC)
abadfish66

Sounds to me like the airdome chamber and hose could be clogged, which happens if you don't use bleach regularly. Take the front panel of the washer off. Get a putty knife, and about 2-3 inches from the end there is a spring clip on each side. slide the putty knife between the gap of the top and front and the panel will release. Now on the left side of the teb you will see a clear hose attached to the tub. remove that hose and look inside it for a clog. Cut about 2 inches off the hose, now get something small enough to fit down inside the nipple on the tub to clean it out. Reattach the tube and see how it goes. Does it wash now?
vivitar16  
#4 Posted : Wednesday, August 27, 2008 9:01:34 AM(UTC)
vivitar16

Groups: Registered

I have had the washer unpluged from electricity since Sunday. A few minutes ago I ran a small load. It did well till it came to the final spin.

When it was time for it to final spin, it just wanted to pump the water out, so i pushed in the knob and turned the dial around to where it is supposed to spin and it did the same thing.

Then I pushed the knob in and I turned the water level to the highest level then back to the small level,then I turned the water temp to the farthest setting to the right and turned it back to the setting I had it on. Then I pulled the knob out and the washer started its final spin.
abadfish66  
#5 Posted : Wednesday, August 27, 2008 9:23:38 AM(UTC)
abadfish66

Do as I described in my earlier post, I am certain that is your problem.
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply