Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
stickfire  
#1 Posted : Tuesday, August 26, 2008 1:33:03 PM(UTC)
stickfire

Groups: Registered

My washer displays "nd" and sounds a siren then stops- every time it drains. Before stopping, I can hear it draining but instead of draining quickly and fully, it drains in a trickle and slowly and then just stops and displays the nd message. I tried to stick a coathanger down the drain pipe but it only went 3/4 of the way and nothing came out. I am assuming that there is something down there. I thought maybe it was build up from regular washing detergent (after the nd problem I looked in the manual and discovered that I should have been using high efficiency soap for the past 2 years. I had been getting a "suds" message the entire time, but didn't realize there was a problem because the cycle always completed). I am using the correct kind of soap now, but it takes days for 1 load to finish because I have to hit the start button every few minutes because the machine won't drain fully.
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

libertyappl  
#2 Posted : Tuesday, August 26, 2008 1:36:03 PM(UTC)
libertyappl

Groups: Senior Expert

try cleaning out the pump, it may have something blocking the drain inside the pump.
stickfire  
#3 Posted : Tuesday, August 26, 2008 1:38:41 PM(UTC)
stickfire

Please instruct me on how to do that. How do I access it correctly?
libertyappl  
#4 Posted : Tuesday, August 26, 2008 1:43:45 PM(UTC)
libertyappl

Remove the back access panel and you will see the pump, remove the hose from the pump and disconnect the electricals. See if there is anything in the pump or the hoses.
stickfire  
#5 Posted : Tuesday, August 26, 2008 3:20:42 PM(UTC)
stickfire

i removed the back cover. The hose runs along the side and connects to a pump in the front of the unit. I am unable to reach the pump from the rear of the unit due to the tub, pulleys, etc. It does not seem feasible to remove everything to get to the front. I went to the front and removed the bottom plastic cover. This exposed a metal plate that was attached with non removable rivets and 3 screws holding the upper face of the machine. I removed the 3 screws and tried to pull off the front of the machine but it only dangled.
I have a dryer attached to the top of my washer. I am wondering if I removed the dryer, would the top of my washer pop off and allow me to remove the face? If so, I would be able to access the pump from directly on top of it rather than from the rear (can't reach or see clearly) or the front (blocked by metal framing of unit).
libertyappl  
#6 Posted : Tuesday, August 26, 2008 5:52:18 PM(UTC)
libertyappl

You will have to take the dryer down, remove the top panel and the front of the washer then you can access the pump, some models are a little different and the parts breakdwon doesn't show exactly where the pump sits.
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply