Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
vsparrow01  
#1 Posted : Thursday, July 29, 2010 2:11:33 PM(UTC)
vsparrow01

Groups: Registered

Our front loading bosch axxis washer has stopped spinning/agitating. It makes clicks indicating that the "brain" is telling it to go to the next part of the cycle, and drains/pumps water OK. Tech came out today and said that the motor is dead. I don't have a lot of confidence in their ability to work with Bosch washers - apparently they don't see a lot of them. (Quoted $200 for part plus about $80 labor for the repair.) I see from a prior post on this topic that there is a way to "reset" the washer, which apparently worked for another bosch washer owner who was having the same sort of problem. Any thoughts of how to try this? I am reluctant to spend the $300 to replace the motor since I have never been fond of the washer, which came with our house. It has the mildew odor problem common to front loaders and makes noise like a jet taking off during the spin cycle. However, it is part of a stackable set that is in a very small closet space, so replacing the entire washer/dryer set with our space constraints might be a pricey option. Thanks in advance for any help/suggestions you might be able to provide!
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

Gene  
#2 Posted : Thursday, July 29, 2010 4:16:20 PM(UTC)
Gene

Groups: Senior Expert, Administrators

Was thanked: 4 time(s) in 4 post(s)
You can run the self diagnosis tests as described in the attached instructions. If the motor is bad, the price for repair is pretty fair.

Gene.
File Attachment(s):
WFL 2060 Washer Test Program.doc (529kb) downloaded 1,063 time(s).
vsparrow01  
#3 Posted : Thursday, July 29, 2010 4:59:40 PM(UTC)
vsparrow01

Thanks so much, Gene! The diagnostic information was incredibly helpful. Also looks like we have an honest/accurate repairman -- as the motor is the problem. Good to know that we're not going into it blind though. We'll save your info for the next problem and hope it is a less expensive one to fix. :) Take care.
vames  
#4 Posted : Tuesday, January 18, 2011 5:33:04 PM(UTC)
vames

Originally Posted by: vsparrow01 Go to Quoted Post
Thanks so much, Gene! The diagnostic information was incredibly helpful. Also looks like we have an honest/accurate repairman -- as the motor is the problem. Good to know that we're not going into it blind though. We'll save your info for the next problem and hope it is a less expensive one to fix. :) Take care.

Hi -- Does anybody have a similar test procedure for the newer Bosch WAS24460UC washer? Mine busted on about the 10th wash out of the box. Will only spin slowly -- won't speed up -- and makes a whiney noise. I checked the belt and it looks fine. The motor even sounded a little whiney when I ran spin briefly with the belt off. I assume I got a bum motor.

Bosch is quoting more than two weeks to send someone out. This isn't the stix, it's Brooklyn, NY. I'd like to at least run the test procedure so I can tell them what's up with it.
nosregbosch  
#5 Posted : Saturday, February 4, 2012 1:18:05 PM(UTC)
nosregbosch

Originally Posted by: vames Go to Quoted Post
Hi -- Does anybody have a similar test procedure for the newer Bosch WAS24460UC washer? Mine busted on about the 10th wash out of the box. Will only spin slowly -- won't speed up -- and makes a whiney noise. I checked the belt and it looks fine. The motor even sounded a little whiney when I ran spin briefly with the belt off. I assume I got a bum motor.

Bosch is quoting more than two weeks to send someone out. This isn't the stix, it's Brooklyn, NY. I'd like to at least run the test procedure so I can tell them what's up with it.

Same Washer: Dead after 1 (ONE) run.
Gene  
#6 Posted : Saturday, February 4, 2012 3:40:28 PM(UTC)
Gene

Groups: Senior Expert, Administrators

Was thanked: 4 time(s) in 4 post(s)
Unfortunately there is no way to get any manuals for Bosch newer products. They keep it as a top secret.

Try to search for the tech sheet under the top panel or behind the bottom panel.

Gene.
mark-sf  
#7 Posted : Sunday, August 25, 2013 9:44:31 PM(UTC)
mark-sf

I have downloaded the instructions and activated the Test Program mode on my Bosch Axxis 20160 and it shows the last error which is the left #3 and 4 rinse lights and the Right Rinse light. I then try and activate a test program and those 3 lights return without executing the program. Am I doing something wrong or is my problem a control board not able to do much? The original problem was it not going into spin mode with bigger loads but that got worse to the point where it just clicks a few times then goes into this error. I have technician skills both electronic and mechanical but am looking for some direction.

Thanks.
chrisnatale  
#8 Posted : Tuesday, April 5, 2016 5:24:37 PM(UTC)
chrisnatale

Hi,

I am referring to this thread as my Bosch WFL2060UC has stopped spinning. Coincidentally (?), it started behaving this way when I changed the hoses on it. It seems to drain fine and everything sounds OK. When I put it on the spin cycle, I hear a click as if the brain of the machine is telling it to move to the next part of the cycle, but no dice.

The belt is in great shape. I'd love to figure out what's going on here without calling someone in. I ran the above-referenced Test Program pages, but don't see any reference to a machine that won't spin but, otherwise, seems fine.

Any ehlp out there would be immensely appreciated
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply