Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Willywonka  
#1 Posted : Thursday, July 29, 2010 12:51:52 PM(UTC)
Willywonka

Groups: Registered

My wife and I were doing laundry and before we knew it we were standing in a pool of water. What I found was a three inch long screw wedged in one of the bottom inner tub holes. (Got two teenagers so its an unsolved mystery like many others) What I am thinking is that on the spin cycle it punctured the outter tub or wore a groove. So I am hoping to repair the outter tub.

What I have done so far is taken the agitator out and removed the spanner nut with the special spanner wrench. From what I can gather I should be able to remove the inner tub at this point. I just sprayed some WD40 into the threads where the spanner nut went so that it will free up.

Does anybody know if I am missing a step here or if you have any tips please share?

I want to get to the bottom of this (tub) problem.

Thanks,
Willy
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

ThatGuy  
#2 Posted : Thursday, July 29, 2010 8:00:42 PM(UTC)
ThatGuy

Groups: Expert
United States

Was thanked: 24 time(s) in 24 post(s)
Originally Posted by: Willywonka Go to Quoted Post
My wife and I were doing laundry and before we knew it we were standing in a pool of water. What I found was a three inch long screw wedged in one of the bottom inner tub holes. (Got two teenagers so its an unsolved mystery like many others) What I am thinking is that on the spin cycle it punctured the outer tub or wore a groove. So I am hoping to repair the outer tub.

What I have done so far is taken the agitator out and removed the spanner nut with the special spanner wrench. From what I can gather I should be able to remove the inner tub at this point. I just sprayed some WD40 into the threads where the spanner nut went so that it will free up.

Does anybody know if I am missing a step here or if you have any tips please share?

I want to get to the bottom of this (tub) problem.

Thanks,
Willy

A lot of the time the basket is stuck on the drive block, soap scum, hard water etc. Try pulling up hard on the basket or turning it. If that doesn't break it loose you may have to thread the spanner nut back on part way and pull up on the basket while tapping on the top of the nut with a mallet. Just don't damage the drive block threads.

I have repaired leaks like that with silicone, but the surface must be very clean. The tub is a special plastic and not much sticks to it.
richappy  
#3 Posted : Friday, July 30, 2010 1:28:05 AM(UTC)
richappy

Groups: Senior Expert

Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 2 post(s)
I allways thread in the drive block nut, and pound down on it with a hammer while pulling up on the spin basket, allways works.
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply