Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
terry67  
#1 Posted : Wednesday, July 21, 2010 9:36:56 AM(UTC)
terry67

Groups: Registered

My maytag Neptune washing machine displays the LR message when ever i start the spin cycle it will start to spin and then try to start again for about 4 times then displays the message ,,,,it is on level ground but it seems like the drum is off kilter on the inside and shakes bad ,,,and when ever it does this it shuts down with that code ,,,,, what could be wrong and what can i do to fix this ? any help would be greatly appreciated .
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

Joe / APP Team  
#2 Posted : Wednesday, July 21, 2010 2:04:20 PM(UTC)
Joe / APP Team

Groups: Moderators

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
Originally Posted by: terry67 Go to Quoted Post
My maytag Neptune washing machine displays the LR message when ever i start the spin cycle it will start to spin and then try to start again for about 4 times then displays the message ,,,,it is on level ground but it seems like the drum is off kilter on the inside and shakes bad ,,,and when ever it does this it shuts down with that code ,,,,, what could be wrong and what can i do to fix this ? any help would be greatly appreciated .

The "LR" code is an indication that the motor is not coming up to expected speed in the expected amount of time.
With the information and description you supplied, I would guess that there is a suspension problem or the spin basket has come loose from the spin shaft assembly(tub off kilter and shaking in spin). there could also be a problem in the tub bearing assembly as well.

Does the unit make a banging noise from the tub interior, when it shakes?
and is it slow to come up to full spin speed(approximately 30 to 40 seconds) with a properly balanced load ?

Do you get a lot of "UB" codes as well?

You would need to dismantle the machine to access and check these components, it is a well involved process and you may not want to get involved, you may be better off using a Maytag servicer.

I hope this helped at least a little.
terry67  
#3 Posted : Wednesday, July 21, 2010 2:22:11 PM(UTC)
terry67

There is no UB code just the LR and it doesnt bang as it stops after only 5 sec.
richappy  
#4 Posted : Thursday, July 22, 2010 1:46:11 AM(UTC)
richappy

Groups: Senior Expert

Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 2 post(s)
If you spin the basket by hand, can you feal bad bearings?
terry67  
#5 Posted : Thursday, July 22, 2010 6:39:39 AM(UTC)
terry67

I checked on that and it is smooth to hand turn it ,,,,but loose also i mean i can push it in easy and side to side !! is that normal ? i mean this thing is level on ground but i have to hold it because it slam dances when the spin cycle starts ? and then it shuts down and trys again for about 5 or 6 times then that code will come up ,,,, any idea"s
Joe / APP Team  
#6 Posted : Thursday, July 22, 2010 6:52:29 AM(UTC)
Joe / APP Team

I checked on that and it is smooth to hand turn it ,,,,but loose also i mean i can push it in easy and side to side !! is that normal ? i mean this thing is level on ground but i have to hold it because it slam dances when the spin cycle starts ? and then it shuts down and trys again for about 5 or 6 times then that code will come up ,,,, any idea"s

If you are doing this correctly, You are moving the stainless steel tub, not the whole tub assembly.

If there is more than 1/4 to 1/2 inch play in tub movement(up /down and side / side) then you have a worn tub bearing,causing the vibration / shaking and a drag on the motor causing the "LR" code, as well as the other possibilities I mentioned previously.
terry67  
#7 Posted : Thursday, July 22, 2010 10:13:52 AM(UTC)
terry67

Can i check that from just opening the door or do i have to take the back off ?
Sorry i am new here !!! But i have done work on other appliances. So ur thinking a worn bearing? where would i get that part ?
Joe / APP Team  
#8 Posted : Thursday, July 22, 2010 10:22:49 AM(UTC)
Joe / APP Team

Can i check that from just opening the door or do i have to take the back off ?
Sorry i am new here !!! But i have done work on other appliances. So ur thinking a worn bearing? where would i get that part ?

Yes you can do the tub check from the front.

Open door and reach in make sure your hands / fingers are on the stainless steel spinner tub and push up on tub(do not move entire tub assembly). even a proper bearing has some movement, but If the tub moves up more than 1/4 to 1/2 inch, you then would have a warn bearing and causing excessive drag on the motor, causing the "LR" code.

Yes the bearing is available, it is factory sealed to the outer tub assembly, You would have to order the outer tub.
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply