Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Itwontstop  
#1 Posted : Monday, July 19, 2010 11:55:46 AM(UTC)
Itwontstop

Groups: Registered

My washer won't stop beeping. The beeping goes through each option of the Spin settings. My dad has gone through the Quick Service Cycle and is going to check the corrosion path. Any help would be appreciated
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

Itwontstop  
#2 Posted : Monday, July 19, 2010 12:03:28 PM(UTC)
Itwontstop

UPDATE: My dad checked the line and the blue screen is broken. He is going to go get another one and see if that fixes it.
dh1200s  
#3 Posted : Monday, July 19, 2010 1:36:16 PM(UTC)
dh1200s

Originally Posted by: Itwontstop Go to Quoted Post
UPDATE: My dad checked the line and the blue screen is broken. He is going to go get another one and see if that fixes it.

What blue screen? Is the machine a FAV6800A LED Console or a FAV9800A the LCD Console version of this TL?

Here is the Service Manual for both models;

FAV6800A/FAV9800A Service Manual

Dick
dh1200s  
#4 Posted : Monday, July 19, 2010 2:20:04 PM(UTC)
dh1200s

I believe you are checking the ribbon cable at this time so I'm going to rush this post.

I feel this could be a Control Board issue but the ribbon cable check is no cost just your time and good hands on if you decide to replace the Control Board

If it’s a Control Board failure the only way to know for sure is a Control Board swap out with a known good Control Board. Do me a favor and see if the Control Board will allow you to enter into Service Mode.

You enter Service Mode (page 14 of the Service manual) by Pressing Enviro Plus and Spin Only keys (simultaneously) for three seconds or until the console beeps. Will the Control Board let you into Service Mode?

Checking to see if you can get into Service Mode and checking for a corrosion path at the ribbon cable connection/socket on the Control Board are no cost and may give a bit mor feel if this is a Control Board failure.

I would inspect the ribbon cable connection by un-seating the ribbon cable and inspect for any corrosion paths on the cable black contacts on the ribbon cable and any corrision issues of the ribbon cable socket connector on the Control Board.

Follow all safety warnings called out in the Service Manual unplug your washer from the 120VAC service outlet.

You would need to release the Console ribbon cable from the Control Board. What I like to do is remove the 3 number 15 TORX screws from the top of the Console securing the top of the Sheet metal upper Console Back to the console.

Next remove the 3 ¼” sheet metal screws from the lower Console Back. Place the Console sheet metal back out of the way. Working from the back of the washer you will see the three locking slide hooks on the bottom of the console back. Look to the left bottom side of the Console viewed from the back of the washer and you will see a locking side hooks.

Now follow the instructions on page 30 of the Service Manual for Console Removal and release the console from the washer top and rotate it forward as see on bottom page 6.

You would have to do these steps to replace the Control Board.

The nest step is to inspect for any corrosion bridges at the Console ribbon cable and the ribbon cable socket on the Control Board.

First release the ribbon cable locking tab see 1st pic.

Next slide the locking tab up the ribbon cable 2nd pic.

Now gently unseat the ribbon cable from the ribbon cable socket and inspect the black coated contacts for any sign of corrosion. If you feel you need to clean the contacts please be very careful and clean with a Q-Tip and little bit of denatured alcohol same for the socket on the Control Board.

Good Luck Dick
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply