Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
jdon  
#1 Posted : Thursday, July 15, 2010 2:08:35 PM(UTC)
jdon

Groups: Registered

Hello,
I've been gettin an "E20" and "E21" error message this week.

I've re-set the code's and did quick wash but it still gets caught. The other thing its started doing is "Sewer Smell" when I start a new wash.

Any suggestions???
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

Gene  
#2 Posted : Thursday, July 15, 2010 6:40:58 PM(UTC)
Gene

Groups: Senior Expert, Administrators

Was thanked: 4 time(s) in 4 post(s)
Sounds like there is a problem with the drain pump (#35 on the diagram). You also may want to check the filter (#40 on the diagram).

- The drain pump Part number: AP4359998
Part number: AP4359998

Here are the breakdown diagrams and Replacement parts for FRIGIDAIRE ATF6000ES1 Frigidaire/washer | AppliancePartsPros.com

Gene.

P.S. Would not hurt if you'll clean the washer using Affresh, specially designed for front load washers.
David F  
#3 Posted : Sunday, July 18, 2010 5:26:10 AM(UTC)
David F

Gene,
Affresh is a mixture of sodium carbonate and sodium percarbonate, the same ingredients as in the powdered 'Oxy' products. The Material Safety Data Sheets (MSDS) for these give them a pH value above 8.0 which means they are corrosive to aluminium, the material of the spiders.
I have sent the following email to Church and Dwight the manufacturers of OxyClean:-
Your website states that the pH for this product is up to 11.0 when it is diluted. Is this correct?
I understand that the principal ingredients are:-
Sodium carbonate and sodium percarbonate, is this correct?
I further understand that when mixed with water the sodium percarbonate breaks down into hydrogen peroxide (for the cleaning) and sodium carbonate, is this correct?
MSDS's for both these chemicals rate their pH at well above 8.0
It is a well-known and well-established fact that aluminium is corroded when immersed in an aqueous solution with a pH above about 8.0. As the MSDS's for the subject chemicals available 'on the web' almost all make reference to the corrosive capabilities against aluminium, some do just say 'metals'.
I would be interested in your comments on the performance, in this regard; of your product on the aluminium spiders found in front loading washing machines.
There are numerous reported incidents of spider corrosion and failure on the internet and/or although most of these seem to claim it is galvanic corrosion I do not agree. For it to be galvanic corrosion one would expect the majority of the corrosion to be at the junction of the dissimilar metals and on none of the photographs, or from the written descriptions, am I able to find one instance of this.
Thank you in anticipation.
Regards
To date I have not received a response.
David F  
#4 Posted : Tuesday, May 31, 2011 9:22:40 AM(UTC)
David F

Originally Posted by: Gene Go to Quoted Post
Sounds like there is a problem with the drain pump (#35 on the diagram). You also may want to check the filter (#40 on the diagram).

- The drain pump Part number: AP4359998
Part number: AP4359998

Here are the breakdown diagrams and Replacement parts for FRIGIDAIRE ATF6000ES1 Frigidaire/washer | AppliancePartsPros.com

Gene.

P.S. Would not hurt if you'll clean the washer using Affresh, specially designed for front load washers.

Gene
Affresh is manufactured by Whirlpool. A copy of the MSDS (Material Safety Data Sheet) for this product can be viewed here: -
http://www.uww.edu/adminaffairs/riskmanagement/msds/files/affresh_washer_cleaner_whirlpool_corporation_073007.pdf
from which it can be seen that with a 1% solution in water it has a pH value of 10.5-10.7.
This means, that should the required concentrations be reached, it is corrosive to aluminium and its alloys, the material the spiders are made from in these machines.
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply