Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
amana user  
#1 Posted : Saturday, July 10, 2010 9:56:14 AM(UTC)
amana user

Groups: Registered

Can't seem to remove the agitator. How is it done? I've looked at the parts' breakdown diagram, but not much help there. My main problem seems to be leakage from the bottom of the tub, at least when unit is spinning water sprays down from that area. Any help would be appreciated.
Thanks
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

sidfink43  
#2 Posted : Monday, July 12, 2010 8:22:11 AM(UTC)
sidfink43

Groups: Senior Expert

Underneath the fabric softener dispenser and cap is a bolt which you can remove and then lift up on the agitator.

Your big problem however is that there is likely a failure of the main seal, and given the age of your machine this probably means a new washer. That's not all bad if you have gotten a good 10 years or more out of this model.
Curtok  
#3 Posted : Wednesday, October 20, 2010 11:54:06 AM(UTC)
Curtok

Groups: Registered

I have a different model # but the repair may be the same. If you pry off the cap and find no bolt , the agitator is supposed to lift off. If it doesn't you can buy two agitator hooks for $59, or try what I did using two claw hammers.
First put a couple small pieces of cardboard down on each side of the agitator so the hammers don't scratch the tub, then work the claw of the hammer under the edge of the agitator. Do this on each side. Then pry up with the hammers together and the agitator should easily pop right up.
I hope this helps, it worked for me.
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply